Perfect Day Thrill Water park Cabanas

stormchaser

Hi Stormchaser, I booked my Chill Island Cabana in Oct, price lowered & rebooked to grab savings. Was at CocoCay on Monday,  There are now I thInk 22 of them, used to be just 10. I tried desperately to pick which one I  was getting, I cannot walk far & did not want someone pushing me in a wheelchair to push me far, NO go, RC would not let me choose & of course we got the one on the very far end !  We were the second in-line at excursion desk(across from Boleros), all very already assigned & RC would no reassign anyone. There is NO special serving/ food. Your menu is what everyone else on the Island is served at the food locations. There are 8 wrist bands given, our ship left at 4:30, so by 2 no one was checking wrist bands for the “private” area. There are NO combination locks inside the cabanas, I did see square lockers (about the size of a small microwave) behind the jet ski/ snorkel desk. The “cabana attendant” , DID come around for drinks, but was not interested in getting us food, other attendants did get food for theirs. There was as an ice filled cooler with 8 Evian waters , 4 towels, 2 Floattie Matts, 2 snorkel gear upon request , a power outlet & our cabana had a ceiling fan. 

On 6/23/2019 at 11:12 PM, RTripp said:

There are 8 wrist bands given, our ship left at 4:30, so by 2 no one was checking wrist bands for the “private” area.

Did your group have 8 people or did they just give you 8 bands?  The reason I'm asking is if they give us 8 bands we would have extra to share.

Hi Hoski, the Chill Island Cabanas allow a total of eight guests. One person buys it...stays on Daily Planner for that one person only. The daily planner seems to allow you to pick the rest of the group, but never makes it to that process on the daily planner. On Chill Island, when we signed in we were only given bands to those standing there with us. We mentioned names and rooms of the remaining expected guests.

5 hours ago, RTripp said:

Hi Hoski, the Chill Island Cabanas allow a total of eight guests. One person buys it...stays on Daily Planner for that one person only. The daily planner seems to allow you to pick the rest of the group, but never makes it to that process on the daily planner. On Chill Island, when we signed in we were only given bands to those standing there with us. We mentioned names and rooms of the remaining expected guests.

Great so if one of the kids met a friend and wanted them to come along as long as we were all together at check-in they could get a band.  The cabana isn't cheap so I have no problem sharing what we already paid for.

Hi Hoski, yep  for the Chill Island Cabanas a total of eight wrist bands. those standing with you at check in get it and then i mentioned names and or room numbers of those coming. **IMPORTANT** make your band loose, so you can trade out with friends & get more. I was told, a total of eight allowed in... as the day went on, noone was checking fir wrist bands.. PS area did not seem that secure later on since no one checking bands...++NEWEST MAP OF COCOCAY &  the now twenty cabanas, my location was #10 on the end next to the rocks.

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

Edited by RTripp
added photos