Coco Cay over water cabana south beach

dodgestang

I have a very straight forward question

1. I know this is not open yet, slated for end of 2019

2. For those with cruises that are stopping in Coco Cay AFTER dec 2019....aka in 2020....have you been able to book ANYTHING south beach yet?  I only see the old South Beach Bungalows (that have been renamed Cabanas in cruise planner).  While I called and talked to RC about this...I am just wondering if ANYONE truly has seen the over water cabanas in their cruise planner and either booked them...or at least could have if they wanted to.

lol saw your post on the "other" board.

I'll post the same thing here

I have been watching my planner ever since i booked for jan 2020. I havent seen a single person claim they have booked one yet or that they have even seen one on their planner.

Since they are scheduled to open but havent yet, my guess is that they are not available to book at all yet at all.

I would keep checking,.

I doubt they will open this up until 90 days out.  Look at Thrill and Oasis, it kept getting pushed back over and over again.  They are going to be coming into Hurricane Season very shortly.  Just like the pier they are dealing with building something in the water.  Too windy and they can't build that day. just like how they sometimes didn't tender. and how they are not taking reservations for the Balloon ride.  

24 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

lol saw your post on the "other" board.

I'll post the same thing here

I have been watching my planner ever since i booked for jan 2020. I havent seen a single person claim they have booked one yet or that they have even seen one on their planner.

Since they are scheduled to open but havent yet, my guess is that they are not available to book at all yet at all.

I would keep checking,.

That's what I am going to have to do.  I kept referring to them as over water cabanas on south beach....this must have confused the person on the phone who told me they were all rented already (or they just wanted to get off the phone because they didn't know ? )

Apparently the formal name is Coco Cay beach club.

Starting to sound a little like "barefoot beach club"  ? ? ? ?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SheenaVNew2RC said:

In my planner it says South Beach Cabanas (799.99) Sold Out. I am not sure this is right as my cruise is March 8th 2020. But maybe?

Ok ignore me clearly I am new here and realized you were talking about something different and that the cabanas are open and really sold out. ? newbie here!

March 22,2020 and South Beach Cabanas are available but no mention of over water cabanas.

64993680_PerfectCabansMar2020.thumb.jpeg.baf8dbbc3cc593c3c248ee4852aea339.jpeg

1439948271_PerfectCabansMar2020-2.jpeg.1e1c7afc8e83d0ed3d3332c08c6bc718.jpeg

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Voyager class, but a I have a few cruises with $1,300 cabanas. 

I think they are preparing us for the price of overwater cabanas.  

Yeesh. It’s making me extra grateful I was able to snag a Chill Island one for $320 before the price jumps. I thought it was just because it was a Vision class ship, but it looks like it’s not just the mega ships that prices are crazy for. 

2 hours ago, Snotarni said:

Wow!...   Well, I'm looking (maybe?) to reserve an overwater cabana for a May 2020 sailing on Oasis...  Given the discussions,  I'm guessing I should start a gofundme right now!  ?

I understand Royal is working with a mortgage company and will begin offering 5 and 15 year mortgages for the overwater cabanas.  

• 2 weeks later...

Already booked on Harmony of the Seas for July 2020. Cruise Planner shows nothing about cabanas except that South Beach is sold out! No other cabanas listed as of today (7/22/19. Will they eventually list them if we keep looking everyday?