Maya Chan vs. Seagrass Monster

Archchic

We're head out this Saturday and have been reading about the seagrass invasion of the Yucatan Peninsula. We have a reservation at Maya Chan that I was sooooo excited about. Got a letter from the resort over the weekend warning about the seagrass and their inability to keep up. Do I cancel? Is there enough to do there if the beach is inaccessible? I really want to try it out, but it's rather expensive. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, Archchic said:

We're head out this Saturday and have been reading about the seagrass invasion of the Yucatan Peninsula. We have a reservation at Maya Chan that I was sooooo excited about. Got a letter from the resort over the weekend warning about the seagrass and their inability to keep up. Do I cancel? Is there enough to do there if the beach is inaccessible? I really want to try it out, but it's rather expensive. Thank you!

someone posted a photo from last week and it looked really bad. nobody was in water. but poster said he still had a good time eating & drinking. 

I've read a post where the owners are building barriers on the beach for the sea grass and they will stop dealing with removal while guests are there to help stop the smell from roaming around the beach. I reserved Maya Chan too in August so I am looking out for more information to see if I need to cancel. From what I read many people still enjoyed the food and the relaxed atmosphere even though they did not get in the water.

Just now, mom2mybugs said:

No we were Cuba victims.  We were in the 4 day majesty from June 15-19.  Horrific weather but wonderful ship and service!  Jane

Glad to hear it! So many poopoo the smaller/older ships, but I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for confirming my thoughts. ?

5 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

Glad to hear it! So many poopoo the smaller/older ships, but I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for confirming my thoughts. ?

The schooner bar was awesome!!!  The service and the piano guy Andrew.  We spent a LOT of time there! Jane