White night (or any other themed night)?

Hi,

I'm sailing on Harmony on August 11. I'm used to DCL, they have a Pirate night with pirate attire.

I've read somewhere on the forum that some ships have themed nights, possibly a white night? I don't normally wear white because I'm rather faired-skin and it doesn't suit me. But if I have to… I'll comply.

5 hours ago, FroggyFlo said:

Hi,

I'm sailing on Harmony on August 11. I'm used to DCL, they have a Pirate night with pirate attire.

I've read somewhere on the forum that some ships have themed nights, possibly a white night? I don't normally wear white because I'm rather faired-skin and it doesn't suit me. But if I have to… I'll comply.

Hi @FroggyFlo !

I agree with @whenismynextcruise... take a look at a Cruise Compass from a prior Harmony sailing (preferably the same itinerary)... 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=1071

You can see the suggested attire for each evening on the first page in the upper right-hand corner. I'm assuming you are referring to the main dining room (MDR) attire.

Although this is for another ship, the Cruise Compass layout will look identical for Harmony. Look at the "TONIGHTS DINNER DRESS CODE" section in the "DAILY SNAPSHOT" box.

Have a great time on Harmony! :27_sunglasses:

image.png.b3ef43e063381a91c625d5343d355f9a.png

image.png.c6de8406510c9daa3a72084db0fed592.png

8 hours ago, FroggyFlo said:

Hi,

You thinking about the All-White Party that's normally on NCL...think RCL has a Rock & a 70's theme parties.

3 hours ago, arebee said:

Nothing you have to worry about, some also have 70's and 80's night but its usually a party on the pool deck or promenade .  No reason to dress unless you want to.  

Unless of course most of your closet still contains clothes from the 70's and 80's, then you'll be all set!

Bell bottoms or parachute pants anyone?

On the Harmony last month, I recall caribbean night in the Main Dining Room, a white night pool party, and music focused on 50's/60's or 70's/80's.  As stated, specialty dress is optional, and some folks don't even dress for formal night.  Most try to wear socially acceptable attire but err towards casual. 

My sister- in- law has been on a Mediteranean cruise with Costa. One night she had chosen a bright green dress, BUT every single person she walked past that night was wearing white! She turned around back to her stateroom and put on something of a lighter colour.

Participating or not mostly depends on the ratio of participants. If 30% of the guests wear white, I can afford non-white. If 80% go for it, I will surely feel uncomfortable and I'd rather buy a cheap white dress in expectation for the occasion. From what I understood, on Harmony, less than 50% of the people wears white on the W-day?

I did not keep my child sized 70's clothing, nor my teenage 80's clothing, although I still have my favourite black "bat-sleeved" jumper as a souvenir!

2 hours ago, FroggyFlo said:

My sister- in- law has been on a Mediteranean cruise with Costa. One night she had chosen a bright green dress, BUT every single person she walked past that night was wearing white! She turned around back to her stateroom and put on something of a lighter colour.

Participating or not mostly depends on the ratio of participants. If 30% of the guests wear white, I can afford non-white. If 80% go for it, I will surely feel uncomfortable and I'd rather buy a cheap white dress in expectation for the occasion. From what I understood, on Harmony, less than 50% of the people wears white on the W-day?

I did not keep my child sized 70's clothing, nor my teenage 80's clothing, although I still have my favourite black "bat-sleeved" jumper as a souvenir!

As they said on our Australian cruise, "No worries"...

4 hours ago, FroggyFlo said:

You are my age lol....if only I still had my parachute harem pants...my daughter did buy legwarmers for Halloween last year lol.  

I have not really ever done the theme nights in terms of stressing myself.  All my Caribbean white nights have been very mixed in terms of participation.  It looks like my Europe cruise will have more people doing it though, so we are gonna try to find outfits that work on white night and others as well.  Jane

Hi Mom2mybugs, I'm 51 (well, I'll be on July 1st).

I agree, European people are more interested in fashion than americans. Which is one of the many reasons I love America for: americans do not juge you by your looks.

As a Disney fan, I'm more familiar with the Frozen Marshmallow man. I myself would rather look like the white widow bride in the Haunted Mansion! Even my wedding dress was not white, but ivory...

50 minutes ago, FroggyFlo said:

Hi Mom2mybugs, I'm 51 (well, I'll be on July 1st).

I agree, European people are more interested in fashion than americans. Which is one of the many reasons I love America for: americans do not juge you by your looks.

As a Disney fan, I'm more familiar with the Frozen Marshmallow man. I myself would rather look like the white widow bride in the Haunted Mansion! Even my wedding dress was not white, but ivory...

I look ok in white.... But I am having a hard time finding a style I like.  Hoping to see one on a rack in France or Italy before white night!  (And I will be 51 in September! ) Love Disney!  Jane

Keep in mind that clothing is less expensive in the US than in Europe (at least, than in France. PM: I'm French). Plus, if you only have a few hours at a port of call, maybe you would rather visit than shop?

What ports of call in Europe will you visit? When are you cruising?

For information sake: summer sales in France run this year from June 26 (next wednesday) to August 6. But after 3-4 weeks there is nothing left to buy. I'm planning to shop for some white dress on sale. But if I cannot find anything I like for a reasonable price, I'll just go for a white T shirt!