Rolexes & Fine Jewelry worn onboard

KimS

4 minutes ago, KimS said:

I've heard that some people wear their Rolexes & other fine jewelry onboard. Wanted to know if that was the case.

Thanks!  KimS

I don't have a Rolex or anything, but I do have some nice items I enjoy. I wear my nice jewelry when I'm on the ship. On shore days, it stays locked in the safe.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

Face it, some people go on cruises/vacations to engage in a game of "Hey, look at me" with people they don't even know.

Thanks for you answer, lol….. but seriously, I don't feel comfortable leaving it at home & never ever take it off. But never to show it off, gosh there's so many fake ones out there, that probably would be the smart thing to do if ya happen to like the look of one! Usually don't check out whose got one on or not! Lol….. But thanks anyhow !

32 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

I don't have a Rolex or anything, but I do have some nice items I enjoy. I wear my nice jewelry when I'm on the ship. On shore days, it stays locked in the safe.

Thanks KriisiZ, We're going on Symphony of the Seas for our 40th anniversary, & have worn my jewelry with a lot of groups feeling safe, but gosh it's been everywhere with me,lol…. Alaska,in the jungles of Costa Rica, Jamaica ,Hawaii ( Always with a group )…. too old to remember, lol. I saw how how expensive some of the jewelry was onboard the ship, so figured it probably was safe. Thanks Again !

You will be fine.  Now there might be some ports that you might not want to wear it ashore at.  Then just lock it in the room safe.  Then again if you have it insured, as you should, then wear it where ever you want.

There are people that travel with lots of watches and jewelry.  Just make sure you have it properly insured and enjoy it.

14 hours ago, KristiZ said:

14 hours ago, KimS said:

Thanks for you answer, lol….. but seriously, I don't feel comfortable leaving it at home & never ever take it off. But never to show it off, gosh there's so many fake ones out there, that probably would be the smart thing to do if ya happen to like the look of one! Usually don't check out whose got one on or not! Lol….. But thanks anyhow !

14 hours ago, KimS said:

Thanks KriisiZ, We're going on Symphony of the Seas for our 40th anniversary, & have worn my jewelry with a lot of groups feeling safe, but gosh it's been everywhere with me,lol…. Alaska,in the jungles of Costa Rica, Jamaica ,Hawaii ( Always with a group )…. too old to remember, lol. I saw how how expensive some of the jewelry was onboard the ship, so figured it probably was safe. Thanks Again !

I think you should be you. Wear it when and where you want to. If others want to think you are showing off, so what.

2 hours ago, function12 said:

You will be fine.  Now there might be some ports that you might not want to wear it ashore at.  Then just lock it in the room safe.  Then again if you have it insured, as you should, then wear it where ever you want.

There are people that travel with lots of watches and jewelry.  Just make sure you have it properly insured and enjoy it.

Thanks for answering!  I was surprised when I heard so many people wore their expensive stuff on the cruises now ?, so many years ago I got my husband a beautiful Daytona, surprised him, as we were walking back to the ship handed him the bag & he went straight to the bar‼️ Kept getting double vodkas, lol. Guy finally asked him, anything wrong, my husband told him what I did & the guy told him people would cut off his arm , & there I am sitting with mine not even thinking about it-but husband is more a G-Shock guy! ? But I do love seeing it on him. Thanks again!

Most people are not even going to notice it.  If they do then they think is might be a fake.  Just be mindful of your surroundings and stay in the tourist areas.  Good things don't happen after midnight and down side streets.

I purchased a YG Daytona from Ultra Jewels in Cozumel a few months before the Daytona craziness ( I saved 10K).  I put it on my wrist before I left the shop.  Caught a cab and headed back to the terminal.  I was a little nervous but I was dressed way down.  So, I am sure most people thought it was just some fake gold watch.

Also, I will put a plug in for jewelers mutual insurance. I have 5+ precious metal Rolex watch’s all in the $xx,xxx.xx price range and they are all insured (as are my wife’s). This is piece of mind. I never have to worry about leaving our watches in the room safe or taking them with us off the ship. You should look into this option if you are concerned at all about where or when you can where your timepieces. And also for the record, zero fu*ks given about other people’s reaction to our watches. We wear them for us and nobody else. With that being said in the 20 years I’ve been wearing Rolex watches I’ve only had a handful of people notice or comment on my watch. People (unless they are watch fanatics) don’t notice watches and especially yellow gold watches as they assume that it’s a fake gold Michael Kors exc. 

On 6/18/2019 at 12:05 PM, mworkman said:

Our is at home in the safe.  We don't take them on vacation! ? They cried when we locked them up.

My husband just said he thought I should do the same! Put in safe in home & I'll cry a bit! ?  After so many trips, not cruises though, but small groups- I've worn it for yrs & yrs! lol

On 6/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, Atlantix2000 said:

My wife has a simple plain wedding band to wear whenever we travel internationally.  Her ring is insured of course, but she just doesn't want to risk losing it while on vacation.

My hubby just told me I should do the same after yrs & yrs of wearing on small group tours! He says they can over-ride the safe!! Lordy! ?