Coco Cay Beach Bungalow Cancelled 7/13-7/20 sailing

I received an email on Friday 6/14 npotifying me that the South Beach bungalow that I ahd reserved back in January was cancelled and being replaced with a beach bed. Has anyone else on here had a similar situation for an upcoming visit there? The person i spoke to at customer service said it wasn't an overbooking situation and that everyones was cancelled. They could only advise me further to email shoreex@rccl.com for further information. I am waiting for a reply to that. 

1 minute ago, twangster said:

I think they are starting construction in that area to eventually build the over water cabanas that have been featured in the marketing.  Consequently they are closing the area where bungalows have been located up to this point.  

That's what i figured, based on peoples reviews of th eisland saying they were not built yet. It is frustrating to have this happen considering i would have booked a cabana at the pool if i would have known this would even be a possibility five months ago.

1 minute ago, BethGR said:

And now it looks like for our July 8th sailing that only Water Park cabanas are available. Daybeds WERE listed before but may be all booked up by now?  I was hoping we could book one upon arrival since we'll have some OBC to use, but oh well!

Based on my conversations with the customer service rep I would think everyone who had a bungalow was moved to a bed. That is probably why they are out now. I would be happy with a credit toward my drink package at this point. I am travleing in a group of 8 and a beach bed is kind of pointless for us.

25 minutes ago, Millenialcruiser said:

I received an email on Friday 6/14 npotifying me that the South Beach bungalow that I ahd reserved back in January was cancelled and being replaced with a beach bed. Has anyone else on here had a similar situation for an upcoming visit there? The person i spoke to at customer service said it wasn't an overbooking situation and that everyones was cancelled. They could only advise me further to email shoreex@rccl.com for further information. I am waiting for a reply to that. 

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

I think they are starting construction in that area to eventually build the over water cabanas that have been featured in the marketing.  Consequently they are closing the area where bungalows have been located up to this point.  

If I remember correctly from last month, the new over water cabanas were going to be built towards where the floating bar is now. So if you stand in the water looking at the beach with the floating bar next to you on your right, the beach loungers with the clamshells would be ahead of you, the bungalows to the left of that and then the beach beds to the left of the bungalows. 

So this would make me think they'll be cancelling the loungers also??? 

There were only 20 bungalows and 15 beach beds. Doesn't seem possible they could replace everyone. I will be very interested to see how this plays out...

@Millenialcruiser, what is your sail date? We recently booked an October cruise and only cabanas are available. I do not know if the bungalows, beds and loungers are sold out or, from what you said, not even being sold.

1 minute ago, Skid said:

If I remember correctly from last month, the new over water cabanas were going to be built towards where the floating bar is now. So if you stand in the water looking at the beach with the floating bar next to you on your right, the beach loungers with the clamshells would be ahead of you, the bungalows to the left of that and then the beach beds to the left of the bungalows. 

There were only 20 bungalows and 15 beach beds. Doesn't seem possible they could replace everyone. I will be very interested to see how this plays out...

@Millenialcruiser, what is your sail date? We recently booked an October cruise and only cabanas are available. I do not know if the bungalows, beds and loungers are sold out or, from what you said, not even being sold.

7/13/19

4 hours ago, Skid said:

So wondering what WILL be available, if everything isn't already snapped up due to the construction.  So it seems that concerning Bungalows, Cabanas, Daybeds, etc., these are the possible options?:

Oasis Lagoon:  "28 daybeds & cabanas"  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-bahamas-perfect-day-island/explore/oasis-lagoon/details

Chill Island:  "14 cabanas & 35 daybeds"  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-bahamas-perfect-day-island/explore/chill-island/details 

And I guess that if the whole South Beach area is under construction, the floating bar will be out of commission as well?  (Mid July sailing.)

39 minutes ago, BethGR said:

So wondering what WILL be available, if everything isn't already snapped up due to the construction.  So it seems that concerning Bungalows, Cabanas, Daybeds, etc., these are the possible options?:

Oasis Lagoon:  "28 daybeds & cabanas"  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-bahamas-perfect-day-island/explore/oasis-lagoon/details

Chill Island:  "14 cabanas & 35 daybeds"  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-bahamas-perfect-day-island/explore/chill-island/details 

And I guess that if the whole South Beach area is under construction, the floating bar will be out of commission as well?  (Mid July sailing.)

@BethGR Thanks for those links. Last month South Beach was sooooo not crowded when we were there. Was hoping for a bungalow there again come October, but as of now nothing showing on our cruise planner except what you showed and they are way out of budget at $759.

11 hours ago, Millenialcruiser said:

Based on my conversations with the customer service rep I would think everyone who had a bungalow was moved to a bed. That is probably why they are out now. I would be happy with a credit toward my drink package at this point. I am travleing in a group of 8 and a beach bed is kind of pointless for us.

Can't you cancel the beach bed if it doesn't work for your family?  I would not be happy to replace a cabana with a beach bed.

So I literally JUST booked a bungalow on South Beach for 6/30 (sailing on Mariner out of Port Canaveral on 6/28). I just hung up with RC to make the reservation. I would think I couldn’t make a reservation if the beach is closed. Now I’m confused... My app also says there are beach beds available - aren’t they in the same area?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...