RCCL vs CELEBRITY

FManke

So my tl;dr for all the above is that if you've never cruised on Celebrity then it makes sense to wait until you are Diamond at least on Royal to give them a try to maximize the benefits you can get as a first-timer on Celebrity..am I interpreting all that correctly?

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

So my tl;dr for all the above is that if you've never cruised on Celebrity then it makes sense to wait until you are Diamond at least on Royal to give them a try to maximize the benefits you can get as a first-timer on Celebrity..am I interpreting all that correctly?

As with all things, it depends. I’m only Gold in C&A, but the itinerary for the Celebrity sailing to Iceland & Greenland was too compelling to pass up. Thus why I’m booked. But that is obviously an exception. (the one that proves the rule?)

15 minutes ago, JLMoran said:
2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Agreed that the policy and how it’s presented can be confusing. At its core, X will treat you as Elite level in Captain’s Club if you’re Diamond, D+, or Pinnacle in C&A. And Royal will consider you Diamond level if you are Elite, E+, or Zenith in C&A. Neither matches the levels 1:1 (although it would be nice if they did!)

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The chart above is for Royal C&A members sailing on Celebrity and was in response to that exact scenario:

At what point does it make sense to sail celebrity with using royal loyalty level? 

The chart doesn't compare the two loyalty programs, just the status recognized for Royal cruisers while on Celebrity.

Does Captain's club have moire levels?  Sure.  In terms of status recognition for Royal C&A members though it doesn't matter.  Status recognition stops at Elite level benefits. 

If a Diamond member cruises on Celebrity they get Elite benefits.  

If a Diamond Plus member cruises on Celebrity they get Elite benefits.  Diamond Plus do not get Elite Plus benefits.

If a Pinnacle member cruises on Celebrity they get Elite benefits.  Pinnacle do not get Zenith benefits.

Copy all - thx for explaining.  As I stated, I was confused by the first table when I went to Celebrity's website and wanted to be sure everyone knew the latest.

In making a price comparison between RCI and Celebrity, I wanted to also compare on-board benefits and project the additional expenses I might have.  You have clarified that nicely!

42 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Exactly.  A few here have taken this approach.

On 7/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, AshleyDillo said:

This is exactly what we are doing. When our son is in college (4 yrs from now, thank you 529!), I feel we will be in line, and more comfortable, with the demographic aboard on X. We will have our D+ status with RCCL and off we go!

Celebrity has been sending me emails (the latest one at 10AM this morning) with these subject lines: "Hello Massachusetts residents, you're eligible for special resident rates."  I would love to see a great deal on a 2021 British Isles cruise.  Still looking...

• 2 months later...

I booked nov 2, 2019 sailing on Equinox for 7 night west caribbean out of ft lauderdale and got a $910 resident discount for North Carolina. Deluxe veranda room with no obstruction, $300 obc, paid gratuities, and classic drink package for two (which we used $160 of the obc to upgrade to premium drink package) for $1897. Pretty much got the cruise for free!! After we booked the price went up to $2497

3 hours ago, Jason.H. said:

I booked nov 2, 2019 sailing on Equinox for 7 night west caribbean out of ft lauderdale and got a $910 resident discount for North Carolina. Deluxe veranda room with no obstruction, $300 obc, paid gratuities, and classic drink package for two (which we used $160 of the obc to upgrade to premium drink package) for $1897. Pretty much got the cruise for free!! After we booked the price went up to $2497

Celebrity resident discounts are amazing when you can grab one.  We got a NJ rate for the Summit repo this month.  6 nights Aquaclass $1093 with taxes & port charges.  Rate was a little of $400 pp.  No perks with the resident rate, but we've got Elite status so we'll have that.  We will have to pay grats.  We've seen the same Aquaclass for double the price after we booked. 

We've got the TA we used for this one watching for more NJ rates!