My first cruise

deany

Thanks for all your help it managed to get me through my first cruise without incident.

Im from England so here is my findings of the cruise:

Main dining room - brilliant place, service excellent, food excellent.

Windjamer - was ok. Service isnt as good and food is warm. 

Speciality restraunts - i went Sabor and couldnt fault anything about it. 

Bars - variety of drinks were fine and plwntynof bars that cater for most people.

Pools & sunbeds - lots of them and enough to go around. 

Gratuities - i paid them each day as they charged my card but i dont understand it. Its an american thing. One guy at a bar once was getting superb service and tipping $1 each time. I suspect that he had cancelled his and then flashed them around like Rockerfella.

Overall great experience. Any questions from a first timer dont hesitate to ask  

I pre-pay the daily gratuities, pay the gratuities on the drink package, AND tip a $1 for each drink if I'm sitting at the bar awhile - it ensures the bartender 'attends' to my needs fairly quickly, especially if the bar is crowded. The way I figure is, they need that $1 way more than I need to not spend it! All the extra tips I spend on board in addition to the required gratuity are money well spent. (And yes, it's very American of me! but I'm not ashamed of having the American trait of over-generosity - LOL)

4 hours ago, Momof4crazytocruise said:

I pre-pay the daily gratuities, pay the gratuities on the drink package, AND tip a $1 for each drink if I'm sitting at the bar awhile - it ensures the bartender 'attends' to my needs fairly quickly, especially if the bar is crowded. The way I figure is, they need that $1 way more than I need to not spend it! All the extra tips I spend on board in addition to the required gratuity are money well spent. (And yes, it's very American of me! but I'm not ashamed of having the American trait of over-generosity - LOL)

It wasnt a dig its just a cultural thing. Its not common place in UK all the time. Certain occassions it is. Dont get me wrong im no tight $$$. There were many who queued on day 1 to cancel them completely. But i certainly didnt consider putting any more in envelopes on my last day