Back to back shore excursions

Tira04

5 hours ago, Tira04 said:

I've booked back to back RC shore excursions for St. Petersburg. Our first excursion should return to the ship at 11:45 with the second meeting at 1:30pm. I'm just wondering if the first is late will we miss the second? Or would they wait? Has anyone else done a back to back excursion day?

Yes, we have, in Rio de Janeiro. We made it but only just. However, that was mostly the fault of the stragglers in my party who were late getting down to the meeting point for the first excursion. This meant we were on the very last bus of several doing the same excursion and had to wait a bit longer yet for some more stragglers. As a result we got back to ship only with enough time to go to the toilet and grab a sandwich to eat on the way back off the ship for the next one.

So you should be ok for your double trip but make sure to get to the meeting point early to try and get on the first bus out. The earlier your bus leaves, the earlier it will be back. Enjoy!

32 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

However, that was mostly the fault of the stragglers in my party who were late getting down to the meeting point for the first excursion. This meant we were on the very last bus of several doing the same excursion and had to wait a bit longer yet for some more stragglers

There have been some of those on every excursion we've been on. I don't think they can be avoided, unfortunately. Punctuality is a pet peeve of mine, so stuff like that really bothers me. Admittedly too much some times. 

We fell behind on one of our excursions to Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia because this guy on our bus just HAD to buy caramel corn at the gift shop. Really?

The world would be a better place if we all just thought about others once in awhile, more than we thought about ourselves. Just a thought.

2 hours ago, FManke said:

We fell behind on one of our excursions to Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia because this guy on our bus just HAD to buy caramel corn at the gift shop. Really?

Happened to us too in Curaçao, with people buying shopping trolley loads full of the liqueur. Infuriating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tira04, we just got back from our first (and last)HOTS Western Caribbean. Hope this helps. Roatan port, we book an RC BOSS underwater adventure that should have been 3 hours. Port was 8am to 6pm and a two hour time difference throw into the mix. RC knew for days or even WEEKS ahead of time that the excursion start time changed, which eliminated our second Third Party ordered excursion. RC did not notify any of us, 4 rooms 9 guest pre cruise/ during cruise. The daily planner was up and down all cruise so we could not see a difference & we all thought the Country’s 2 hr time change was being accounted for if someone did see a difference.  I got my money back for VOOM on some days since it was so unreliable. Only way we knew of a start time difference was a piece of paper staple on  back of “ ticket” that was not a ticket but a receipt that said we had to go to a location for a real ticket. On the real ticket it showed a start time difference. Advice is, take into account any time changes the Port or Country may have, that RC might NOT tell you of a change in start time, and if booking a third party try not to pay ahead of time so if the Port is cancelled( ours ended up as such) your not out your third party money. RC partly reimbursed my credit card for the cancelled port/ excursion, i had to wait in line at Guest Services to “prove” to them i paid for 4 and should get my $ back on 4 though.