Drinks Package

Jop1963

Call me crazy, but avatar changes screw me up more than username changes.  Like Kris is always the guy with the Thanksgiving parade float.

Which I tweeted you to confirm that it was in fact Royal's float; thanks for confirming.

Of course, now I have the sudden desire to change my avatar. ;)

• 3 months later...

Well back from my cruise on Voyager and must say not what I expected. The availability of drinks on Ultimate Beverage package was at best woeful. 45 mins after leaving Sydney we were told there was no Sav Blanc on board at all. This despite it being on wine list. They had no solution for this. Day 2 was same scenario, in early afternoon and by evening we were told it was now on ship. Odd given we were at Sea. The beverage issue continued for cruise duration, no beer in Izumi, No Pinot Grizio in Giovannis....... no cocktail mix for certian drinks.... the list goes on. 4 Managers- 2 surveys and the best solution was a bottle of wine to cabin which we declined. Hardly an Ultimate package......

I presume we can get free coffee and juice at the buffet (or am I wrong?)  

Yes, you can.

If  we choose not to buy one of the non-alcoholic beverage packages, will we be charged in the dining room or the restaurants for coffee, soda or an orange juice? 

For breakfast, there is no charge for orange juice in MDR.  Coffee is always complimentary.  Soda always costs extra without a package.

Based on our experience a couple of years ago on Allure, what they meant by "not on board" and then "appearing" on day two was this ...

We loaded a crapload of stuff on the ship in port while you were boarding and haven't unpacked it all yet. By day two they "found" that pallet and had it into inventory so it was available.

As we have cruised more we find odd things to pay attention to, sit sometime and watch how much food and drink is getting loaded at each port stop ... its incredible to watch :)