Rocking ship, smuggling soda, misc. topics...

I am here now on Adventure of the Seas.  Left out of Port Bayonne/Cape Liberty yesterday.  When they scanned our carry ons at security, they saw our three cases of soda and told us that only one was permitted per stateroom, and they took two away.  Bummer!  Yes, we knew the policy, but a lot of others on the boards said to give it a try, so we did.  (Please do not judge?). The ship is ROCKING like crazy!  We are heading now to Bermuda and it has been nonstop back and forth.  Never needed Dramamine in our lives, and everyone that we know is taking it!  CONSTANT MOTION!  Thank God we packed it!  Food is great,  easy to find lots of great food!  Great mix of people here,  all ages.  We were told there are currently 200 children on board.  My son is 15 and went to the teen meet and greet last night and already has a pack of friends now to run around with.  We have a dry erase board on our stateroom door and someone keeps drawing naked genitalia on it??????  My hubby is mad about that, but it is kind of funny to me?????  I  am open to any questions anyone has about the Adventure of the Seas.  May take me a day or two to reply, since I am having so much fun!

Oops, just wanted wanted to add that the best thing we brought is our magnetic hooks!  Hubby bought four magnetic hooks at Home Depot for $6.  We have three people in our inside stateroom and there are not enough places to hang wet swimsuits, towels, etc.  All of the walls are metal of course, so it works great for us!  Also, there are only two outlets in the room to charge things, so plan accordingly!

8 minutes ago, Blondie511 said:

I am here now on Adventure of the Seas.  Left out of Port Bayonne/Cape Liberty yesterday.  When they scanned our carry ons at security, they saw our three cases of soda and told us that only one was permitted per stateroom, and they took two away.  Bummer!  Yes, we knew the policy, but a lot of others on the boards said to give it a try, so we did.  (Please do not judge?). The ship is ROCKING like crazy!  We are heading now to Bermuda and it has been nonstop back and forth.  Never needed Dramamine in our lives, and everyone that we know is taking it!  CONSTANT MOTION!  Thank God we packed it!  Food is great,  easy to find lots of great food!  Great mix of people here,  all ages.  We were told there are currently 200 children on board.  My son is 15 and went to the teen meet and greet last night and already has a pack of friends now to run around with.  We have a dry erase board on our stateroom door and someone keeps drawing naked genitalia on it??????  My hubby is mad about that, but it is kind of funny to me?????  I  am open to any questions anyone has about the Adventure of the Seas.  May take me a day or two to reply, since I am having so much fun!

We saw a good bit of dry erase profanity on our last cruise on Navigator. We took to erasing it and adding nice things. 

On said “Your Mom is A $&@$”

so we erased everything after the “A” and added wesome to the existing A

4 minutes ago, Blondie511 said:

Oops, just wanted wanted to add that the best thing we brought is our magnetic hooks!  Hubby bought four magnetic hooks at Home Depot for $6.  We have three people in our inside stateroom and there are not enough places to hang wet swimsuits, towels, etc.  All of the walls are metal of course, so it works great for us!  Also, there are only two outlets in the room to charge things, so plan accordingly!

Those are really useful. We got some super strong ones from Amazon that come in a little carrying case. We use them for beach bags, hats, etc..

19 minutes ago, Blondie511 said:

I am here now on Adventure of the Seas. I  am open to any questions anyone has about the Adventure of the Seas.  May take me a day or two to reply, since I am having so much fun!

We will be on Adventure later this year and there doesn't seem to be a lot of current information about her so it's good to know you're having a great cruise. Thanks for posting. ?

Hope the rocking eases for you and you are not affected.  We are on Adventure later this year.  Wondering if you notice any drink cards (which won't come out until later in your cruise) or if any discounts on specialty dining, specifically Chef's Table 

Hope you're having a great cruise.

We sailed Adventure in May 2018, lovely ship and had a wonderful time.

Yes, you will feel more movement in the Atlantic Ocean than you will in the Caribbean Sea.  We've sailed from Bayonne a few times, NYC, Boston and Baltimore once each. Same each time.  Not much you can do.

Voom is very bad this week and we bought the most expensive surf and stream version.  All day long there has been a long long line to complain about it.  Very upset guests all over the ship.  Two hours to send a text and no emails being received at all some people.  The Voom lady says expect Voom to be as fast as a dial up service.  She offered no compensation, just apologies all day.  I said that I was going to post about our conversation on this site and she said sorry it is so slow ...