Adventure of the Sea Show times & 8:00 dinner

I have 8 dinnerreservations, I was wondering what time most shows and activities started at night? Will my 8pm dinner get in the way of evening activies on the ship?

Should I change them?

We want to be able to enjoy all the shows and things they offer at night but not sure what time then generally start as this is our first cruise.

32 minutes ago, Kel Kel said:

I have 8 dinnerreservations, I was wondering what time most shows and activities started at night? Will my 8pm dinner get in the way of evening activies on the ship?

Should I change them?

We want to be able to enjoy all the shows and things they offer at night but not sure what time then generally start as this is our first cruise.

Yeah I would change your dinner time if you want to see a show. The shows are usually at either 7:30 or 9:00 to accommodate the people who don't have my time dining.. I would either make your dinners at 6:30 if you want to see the 9:00 show or make your dinners at 8:30 or 9:00 if you want to see the 7:30 show.. 

I'm not sure you need to change reservations for dinner if you are the normal 2nd seating.  The shows are scheduled to accommodate 1st and 2nd seating.  The shows on Freedom class and below are typically 45-50 minutes, so if they start at 7 you can make dinner 8ish.  I have seen small adjustments from night to night and cruise to cruise on actual show times, so check a cruise compass, if available.  You will probably need to dress for dinner before going to the show.

Oasis class ships are totally different, and you actually make reservations for each show you want to attend (except for a few short shows at the end of the cruise).  But you are on a Voyager class ship, so you should be OK.  Also, you can always warn your waiter that you may be arriving at 8:10 or 8:15 instead of 8 PM sharp, should you find that the transit time or congestion in stairways slows you down.

I agree that you should be fine.  We will only be eating in the MDR 3 nights for our 8 night cruise, and we took all of them for 8 when we will be in the MDR.  We like the late seating.  We find it less crowded, and the staff is more attentive, plus we are not in a rush to get through dinner fast so we can get a good seat at a show.  

Typically we will go to WJ @ 5:30 to get some lite bites to hold us over and take a plate back to our room for late night snacking when all you have open is the Promenade pre-made sandwiches or pizza.   Just place it in your fridge so they won't clear it while they turn down your room.

Agree that on Adventure and similar class ships, there are two identical shows each evening and the times are designed around the traditional dining times.  If you have early dining, you go to the late show.  If you have late dining, you go to the early show.  If you have My Time Dining, and you want a middle dining time, then your dinner may interfere with one or both shows.  There is also often a late late show (after all dining is over) which will be different than the main shows (for example an adults only comedy show).