Key Program - what is it?

A premium service program that Royal Caribbean has introduced (to make money by selling services). 

Here is the url for the FAQ. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-key-program

"The Key Guests will enjoy the following exclusive and special amenities during their cruise vacation: 

• Priority check-in and boarding*
  • Exclusive carry-on luggage service with stateroom delivery**
  • Private lunch at Chops Grille®, Jamie’s Italian, or Giovanni’s Table on embarkation day (Venues vary by ship)
  • Private hours on marquee activities*** like FlowRider, Rock Climbing wall, Ripcord by iFly. The private hours schedule will be provided at check-in. 
  • Priority port of call debarkation
  • VIP seating area at Main theater, Aqua Theater, Studio B, and Two70 shows
  • VOOM ® Surf & Stream (1 Device per each paying guest)
  • Choice debarkation with an exclusive a la carte breakfast"

It is offered through the Cruise Planner, and the cost is around $25/person/day, but can fluctuate as everything seems to do in Cruise Planner.  Not all ships/cruises offer it.

@ChessE4 You beat me to it. I was just going to post the same thing..no point duplicating.

@tiny blonde I will just add that they supposedly limit the amount they sell per sailing to 100-200 people. Also, when we had it on Symphony last month an added, unpublished perk was that they did not scan Key members seapass cards when getting pool towels. This was great for two reasons. It eliminated the chance of erroneous charges for unreturned towels and it also allowed us to just dump the used towels in the bin without having to wait on line in order to have them scan the return.

Thanks, Matt. This being our first cruise, I think we'll pass on The Key and see whether we wish we had it. I doubt we will. Under 300 days to go! 'Waiting for our renewed passports to arrive in the mail. I'm really happy to have this to look forward to! This is the magnet photo that will be on our cabin door, taken on our wedding day, 16 years ago this month. That's my U.S. Navy veteran who believes he never wants to set foot on a ship again. . . .  but he doesn't want me to go alone (Yeah, sure!). ? 961338204_weddingday.JPG.e27158b501e4fac5876739983c0afb02.JPG