RCL Caribbean One day Port Canaveral Universal Studios

Welcome @ChristineL72. You can check the cruise planner for your booking to see what Royal has available. Although they may be more costly than doing it on your own, you would have the added benefit of the ship waiting for you should there be any delays getting back.

Also, here is a website where anyone can check Royal excursions. Scroll down to search by ports of call,  a ship sail date or region.

http://www.royalcaribbean .com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=shore_excursions_main

Good luck and happy sailing.

There are a lot of factors that will impact how much you'd be able to do at Universal.  When in December is the cruise stopping in Port Canaveral, how long is it in port and is it over a weekend?  If the ship is there from 9Am to 9 PM, you'll probably only have 6-7 hours at the park which will limit how many rides you'll be able to get on unless you spend the extra $$ for the Universal Express.   If it's over Christmas then the parks will be extra crowded which will further cut into ride time.   It's doable as long as your expectations are realistic in that you'll only have a half day or so at the parks, it might be crowded, and you probably won't get on a lot of the major attractions.   Just additional factors to consider.  Now if you've got season passes and just need a Universal fix, then it's perfect.  

9 hours ago, ChristineL72 said:

Yes, we’re at Port Canaveral for one day during Christmas week Monday 12/23 7am to 7pm. 

That'll be tough.  Christmas at the Orlando Parks are by far the busiest periods of the year.  I know at Disney, the Magic Kingdom can reach capacity during that week where they won't let anyone else in who isn't staying at a Disney hotel.    Best case is that you get to the parks by 0930-1000 and then you'll probably need to leave by 4-4:30.  YOu'll be there in the crowdest part of the day.  YOu really won't be able to get much in in terms of rides.    If you've never been to the parks, to me it would be overwhelming to experience and navigate.  Actually it would be overwhelming even being a park vet.   

I think it sounds good in theory but is probably not the best idea in reality.   THere are other similar threads about Disney on this board that will tell you that same thing.  

21 minutes ago, mbk999 said:

That'll be tough.  Christmas at the Orlando Parks are by far the busiest periods of the year.  I know at Disney, the Magic Kingdom can reach capacity during that week where they won't let anyone else in who isn't staying at a Disney hotel.    Best case is that you get to the parks by 0930-1000 and then you'll probably need to leave by 4-4:30.  YOu'll be there in the crowdest part of the day.  YOu really won't be able to get much in in terms of rides.    If you've never been to the parks, to me it would be overwhelming to experience and navigate.  Actually it would be overwhelming even being a park vet.   

I think it sounds good in theory but is probably not the best idea in reality.   THere are other similar threads about Disney on this board that will tell you that same thing.  

Agreed: As a former employee at Universal Orlando. The wait times even WITH express pass can surpass an hour meaning you may struggle to get much done. I'm not sure if you are much of a space fan. Maybe look at an excursion for Kennedy Space Center since that is VERY close to the port. 

For the day you are there you are much better off going to Kennedy Space Center. They have amazing things to do and it’s time better spent. You will spend at least 3 hours in travel to and from the ship getting to the parks in Orlando and the parks will be so crowded you won’t get to do much.