Be Disrepectful, Get Kicked Off Ship!!

For those who think you can be disrespectful to ANYONE including cruise staff on a ship, see the article below:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Man-Kicked-Off-Cruise-Says-He-Couldnt-Fight-Captains-Decision-511239011.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_MIBrand&fbclid=IwAR1PRiMg_Nv0Nqn2wJgUZ57wct-Wztj2aBOE4TpBtmZLNF2G7C-31C-l9zc

Tough and very expensive lesson learned!!

3 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

Just Saw the video. I think that or NCL blowed the situation out of proportion or this man isn't telling the whole story.

A simple argument doesn't seem to be enough to get you kicked out of the ship.

I agree to a point after viewing the video as the man in question is demonstrating aggressive behavior in the video. I don't see an ounce of humility on his behalf. Just a chip on his shoulder.

I have been on many cruises and have seen many people that could have been kicked off and weren't.  I could only imagine what really happened.  I also think that there are cameras,  both on some employees and around the ship so I wonder if the captain didn't actually have video to evaluate. 

1 hour ago, princevaliantus said:

I agree to a point after viewing the video as the man in question is demonstrating aggressive behavior in the video. I don't see an ounce of humility on his behalf. Just a chip on his shoulder.

58 minutes ago, BB1 said:

I have been on many cruises and have seen many people that could have been kicked off and weren't.  I could only imagine what really happened.  I also think that there are cameras,  both on some employees and around the ship so I wonder if the captain didn't actually have video to evaluate. 

He mentioned something about they should bring more guards if they wanted to hold him. That sounds like a threat to me. He might have got violent at certain point. 
Even the lawyer says he doesn't have a case! 

Cruise lines and their security staff lets alot of stuff go that would get you ejected from many venues on shore. Alot. Throwing someone off the ship is an absolute last step when dealing with a disruptive passenger. You can be sure there is a plethora of evidence that supports their decision.

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

He mentioned something about they should bring more guards if they wanted to hold him. That sounds like a threat to me. He might have got violent at certain point. 
Even the lawyer says he doesn't have a case! 

He specifically stated, "I may have made a comment that said you better get more than a couple because I'm a big guy," That's essentially admitting to making a threatening suggestion to the worker & warrant removal from the ship. The Captain had little choice...Robert's own words got him removed; and, rightfully so...there's little civility anymore.

I suspect either no reservation was made & the couple is lying; or, they didn't fully complete the process when making the reservation...leading to the reservation not being made or properly completed.

2 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

Just Saw the video. I think that or NCL blowed the situation out of proportion or this man isn't telling the whole story.

A simple argument doesn't seem to be enough to get you kicked out of the ship.

I’d assume that if he admitted to calling the guy “you idiot” on tv than the truth is probably missing a word in between and more vulgar. 

And we who get frustrated or angry don't always realize how we appear to others: we may seem more threatening than we are.  In our mind, we are just exasperated at the failure of a representative to look at data logically, but we have raised our voice, changed our stance, and facial expression, and generally become quite ugly.  (or so I am told).

19 hours ago, twangster said:

Nothing worse than an entitled frequent cruiser arguing with crew.

Clearly this would never occur on a Royal ship as the crew member would have cowered at the sight of their pinnacle badge.

"Don't you know who I am?"

Unless you're Super Mario, shut your mouth and go back to your cabin.

When you deal with the public, you are going to run in to A-holes all the time. You have to have a high tolerance in most cases and I think this probably wasn't over reaction, it just finally crossed that line.

On Anthem an out of control kid ran into the Staff Captain, literally.  This brat had been punching random guests waiting near elevators while the parents did nothing.  Small kid like 5 or 6 so not a death punch but still, you don't do that.  He's running around and slams into the Staff Captain who walks into the area by coincidence.  

Staff Captain grabs kid and tells him to slow down, calm down, etc.  Father doesn't like a crew member admonishing his kid so he starts getting into it verbally with Staff Captain.  Along the way the father escalates it into "I know where you live and I'm coming for your family".  Boom - cabin arrest.  Next morning the whole family was put off in San Juan.  Around eight of them including grand parents who all got to fly home at their own expense.  

Big tough Jersey attitude didn't fly with the Staff Captain.  Threatening his family was the last straw.  I'm sure this guy went home and told his friends "I didn't do nothing, we were just kicked off" and maybe by New York or New Jersey standards that's just friendly banter but it didn't work on the ship.  That was our first stop on a 11 night cruise after one sea day coming down from Bayonne.  Nice way to lose what must have cost several thousand for the cruise plus then having to buy plane tickets same day to fly home. 

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

On Anthem an out of control kid ran into the Staff Captain, literally.  This brat had been punching random guests waiting near elevators while the parents did nothing.  Small kid like 5 or 6 so not a death punch but still, you don't do that.  He's running around and slams into the Staff Captain who walks into the area by coincidence.  

Staff Captain grabs kid and tells him to slow down, calm down, etc.  Father doesn't like a crew member admonishing his kid so he starts getting into it verbally with Staff Captain.  Along the way the father escalates it into "I know where you live and I'm coming for your family".  Boom - cabin arrest.  Next morning the whole family was put off in San Juan.  Around eight of them including grand parents who all got to fly home at their own expense.   

Big tough Jersey attitude didn't fly with the Staff Captain.  Threatening his family was the last straw.  I'm sure this guy went home and told his friends "I didn't do nothing, we were just kicked off" and maybe by New York or New Jersey standards that's just friendly banter but it didn't work on the ship.  That was our first stop on a 11 night cruise after one sea day coming down from Bayonne.  Nice way to lose what must have cost several thousand for the cruise plus then having to buy plane tickets same day to fly home. 

I laughed so hard that I almost split my pants!!! Goes to show you if you think you are going to get away with misbehaving, it will cost you LOTSA MOOLA!!

2 hours ago, twangster said:

OUCH !  I wonder if he learned anything from his very expensive lesson.  Probably not.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Sounds like the idiot father has been watching way too many episodes of the Sopranos! No, that comment and attitude would never fly around here!