Mini Bar Question

So my understanding is the the refrigerator in the rooms are stocked with Mini Bar Items at the beginning of the cruise.

My children will be in their own room ? but I am concerned about them 'consuming' the Mini bar offerings.

If I immediately remove all Mini bar offerings to both make room for what we put in there and to keep them from consuming them, will the stateroom attendant automatically replace the items? 

Can I ask stateroom attendant not to restock Mini Bar items at the beginning of the cruise?  Then just put everything back at the end?  The kids have refreshment packages, so not like I am denying them a drink or two in the middle of the night...I would just rather them get those drinks with their refreshment package instead of paying extra.

Thanks

On our last four cruises, the mini bar was already empty when we arrived.   If you wanted it stocked, you filled out a door hang tag and the bar staff came around and collected the hang tags.  I honestly didn't read it it, so not sure if you can request certain items only or what. 

Not sure what ship you will be on, but this was Adventure, Serenade, Brilliance and Grandeur that I was on that was empty.  I'm thinking Harmony before that was empty as well...but not 100% on that. 

2 hours ago, KathyC said:

Adventure, Serenade, Brilliance and Grandeur that I was on that was empty.  I'm thinking Harmony before that was empty as well...but not 100% on that. 

Can confirm that the mini-bars on Explorer, Mariner, and Vision were also empty upon arrival, even in a GS

They were getting so many erroneous charges for mini-bar items that they changed their process a few years back.  Now, if you want anything in your mini-bar, you must request it at the start of the cruise.  Otherwise, your mini-bar will be completely empty.  I think this process is much better for most people.  No chance of being charged erroneously and the "cooler" is available for other uses.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

They were getting so many erroneous charges for mini-bar items that they changed their process a few years back.  Now, if you want anything in your mini-bar, you must request it at the start of the cruise.  Otherwise, your mini-bar will be completely empty.  I think this process is much better for most people.  No chance of being charged erroneously and the "cooler" is available for other uses.

I think that is a better process as well.  

On 6/14/2019 at 9:18 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes keep in mind that the “fridge” is actually a cooler. You can request ice from your cabin attendant. But it’s a cooler. 

12 hours ago, Clear Laker said:

Sealed when I bought a bucket.  Screw off can bottle.  it has been a few years.  Double check with the bartender.  I'm sure they can leave them on.

We did a bucket in December, they opened the first one for us, then the rest were screw caps.  They left those sealed.