Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn on Seabreeze Blvd. It was very reasonably priced, breakfast was included and it was great to take a walk on the beach both in the evening and before heading to the port in the morning.  ?️ About a 10 minute walk up Seabreeze Blvd, there were restaurants and shops.

Wow---thanks to all for the great suggestions (and I'm not even the one who asked the question). We needed to book a pre-cruise hotel for May 2020 out of Port Everglades so just spent some time looking into this. We ended up booking the Renaissance for the craziest of reasons:

1. It was REALLY odd, but I actually looked it up on my cell phone earlier today and when I got home and looked on my computer, it was $30 more. Went back on my phone and it was still less expensive so I grabbed it. No clue why this happened, I looked again after booking and the same thing happened. I did not have to pay in advance and it's refundable until 3 days before.

2. Embassy Suites was out of our budget, but after all this time listening to @Lovetocruise2002 talk about La Bamba restaurant, someone please tell me we can walk there from the Renaissance!!

28 minutes ago, Skid said:

Wow---thanks to all for the great suggestions (and I'm not even the one who asked the question). We needed to book a pre-cruise hotel for May 2020 out of Port Everglades so just spent some time looking into this. We ended up booking the Renaissance for the craziest of reasons:

1. It was REALLY odd, but I actually looked it up on my cell phone earlier today and when I got home and looked on my computer, it was $30 more. Went back on my phone and it was still less expensive so I grabbed it. No clue why this happened, I looked again after booking and the same thing happened. I did not have to pay in advance and it's refundable until 3 days before.

2. Embassy Suites was out of our budget, but after all this time listening to @Lovetocruise2002 talk about La Bamba restaurant, someone please tell me we can walk there from the Renaissance!!

Yes, easy walk right across the street and maybe 10 min on a sidewalk. 

3 hours ago, Skid said:

Yes. We have stayed at the renaissance and walked to La Bamba. 10min give or take just like @tonyfsu21 said.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:03 PM, Skid said:

I really like the Renaissance. It’s a great location and I found it far less hectic the morning of the cruise compared to the embassy suites.

Easily walkable to lots of restaurants including La Bamba and shopping. I also have a soft spot for Gilbert’s burgers. 

59 minutes ago, RG306 said:

I really like the Renaissance. It’s a great location and I found it far less hectic the morning of the cruise compared to the embassy suites.

Easily walkable to lots of restaurants including La Bamba and shopping. I also have a soft spot for Gilbert’s burgers. 

Gilbert’s is great! 

On 6/22/2019 at 3:54 PM, kmillman22 said:

Kelly's Landing has some fantastic Lobster Bisque, and Southport Raw Bar is a great place to sit outside on the marina (or inside).  Great burgers at Southport as well.  Both are located off of Cordova Road and SE 16th Street, just north of 17th Street 

We also enjoyed Southport - really laid back and good food!