Thoughts on Obstructed Balcony

7 minutes ago, l9dance said:

My husband and I are booked in an obstructed balcony on Anthem of the seas room 6590. Does anyone have experience with this type of room or this particular room? 

Thoughts on it?

I think what is obstructed is the view below your balcony, the life boats will be below you on deck 5, so when at sea you would not be able to look directly down at the ocean. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=3882, this is supposed to be 6598, you can actually see the obstruction on the video.

Also, consider how much time you'll spend out on the balcony. If you just want the balcony for light and air, then obstructions are fine. And if you want an occasional look at the water or the stopovers, there are plenty of other places for getting a nice view.

But if you're the type who likes to sit out on your private balcony, with a glass in your hand and a book in your lap, soaking up the sun and the breeze and the view, then maybe you should get a different room. 

(Personally, I ended up spending far less time out there than I had expected. Caribbean air in July is far too humid for this northeasterner.)

19 hours ago, tiny260 said:

I think what is obstructed is the view below your balcony, the life boats will be below you on deck 5, so when at sea you would not be able to look directly down at the ocean. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=3882, this is supposed to be 6598, you can actually see the obstruction on the video.

Omg thank you so much for this. I think I need to move cabins in our upcoming cruises ?

We are on Deck 7 in a obstructed ocean view balcony for our upcoming Ovation cruise.  We found pictures of our room online before booking.  Our balcony has a small section of the davit in the corner view.  Plus we are on the hump so it is a bigger balcony.  It was over $1,000 cheaper than the regular balconies.   I'll happily look at the davit and keep the $1,000 in our bank account any day!   There are lots of pictures and videos online to help you make a decision.  Good luck!