Experience with Boardwalk View Interior cabins on Oasis-class ships?

SSMEX

I've been looking at a cruise on Oasis of the Seas for January 2020 and there appeared to be some phantom availability for Promenade View Interiors, where it showed up as an option when selecting the room but no rooms were available. After repeatedly checking over a few days, I managed to snag room 7321.

I normally would not care for a view of the promenade, but according to deck plans, there are eight rooms on Deck 7 of every Oasis-class ship that overlook the boardwalk (and are below Boardwalk View Balcony cabins). They're located directly above where Johnny Rockets or Playmakers are, on either side. Oddly, these are sold as Promenade View cabins, but they definitely don't have a view of the promenade.

If anyone has experienced one of these cabins, I have a few questions:

• Does the room get a meaningful amount of daylight?
  • Is the view of the boardwalk interesting enough to justify a small premium over a windowless room? Any overall impressions of this room specifically?
  • What does the window area of the room look like from the interior? Typical Promenade View cabins have a large bay window with built-in seating but based on photos of the boardwalk, these windows are round porthole-style.

If anyone has any pictures of these cabins, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Need to preface my answers by saying I have not stayed in this category of rooms, but....

14 minutes ago, SSMEX said:

Is the view of the boardwalk interesting enough to justify a small premium over a windowless room?

Depends on how much. The appeal is you have natural light and a view of something. 

If you stay on the far side closer to the aqua theater you can see a bit of the ocean! We enjoyed it however at night it could be very loud during the aqua show. Cool to watch from the balcony however! I stayed in this type of cabin on Symphony of the Seas however Oasis and Allure have an even better ocean view due to no slide in the way!

The interior promenade-view rooms does have a padded "bench" situated where the window is.  That is pretty much the most obvious difference between a standard interior room and an interior promenade-view room.  Some of these rooms of located mid-ship so you may find some value in shorter walking distance to the forward/aft of the ship.

20 minutes ago, l9dance said:

If you stay on the far side closer to the aqua theater you can see a bit of the ocean! We enjoyed it however at night it could be very loud during the aqua show. Cool to watch from the balcony however! I stayed in this type of cabin on Symphony of the Seas however Oasis and Allure have an even better ocean view due to no slide in the way!

Wow an ocean view (even a small sliver) would be pretty cool! Of the four rooms one each side, which one were you in? If the first room is most forward and the fourth room is most aft, we're in the second room.

Unfortunately for us, Oasis is going into dry dock one month before our cruise and is getting the slide.

18 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

The interior promenade-view rooms does have a padded "bench" situated where the window is.  That is pretty much the most obvious difference between a standard interior room and an interior promenade-view room.  Some of these rooms of located mid-ship so you may find some value in shorter walking distance to the forward/aft of the ship.

I suspect these rooms don't have the padded bench, which is why I'm wondering if someone has a picture from inside. 

Here's a view of what it looks like from the boardwalk: https://i.imgur.com/Qq7e6bS.jpg

The window is clearly round porthole style, rather than the large square windows on the promenade.

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Are they calling those rooms "Promenade View" now ?  They used to refer to them as "Boardwalk View" or "Central Park View".

Yep. Makes no sense to me, but considering that there are only eight per ship, it might not make sense to make a whole new category for them.

52 minutes ago, SSMEX said:

Wow an ocean view (even a small sliver) would be pretty cool! Of the four rooms one each side, which one were you in? If the first room is most forward and the fourth room is most aft, we're in the second room.

Unfortunately for us, Oasis is going into dry dock one month before our cruise and is getting the slide.

We were in 12727 on Symphony it was the second to the last room on the aft side 

We still had pretty good views despite the slide! 

We stayed in a boardwalk view room aboard the Oasis. See the aqua show first from the aft seating area the first night. Depending on the location of your room you can watch subsequent shows from your balcony. That being said , there is a good view to people watch during the day, but if your are going to upgrade go for the Ocean balcony. Promenade: you can probably see a few shows and people watch. all three seem to make you feel that the cabin is bigger. No on the ocean view, just a portal. Not sure if the Oasis has upgraded to virtual ocean view

5 hours ago, tiny260 said:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=806, here is a picture and if you back track the web site and go to the actual floor plan, you can see as @WAAAYTOOO says, hover you mouse over the room 7321, Central Park view interior.

Go down until you see room category 1S and there are more pictures.

The sites are often messed up.  We have the opposite where when going through the booking process on our Harmony cruise, the category shows Boardwalk View Interior, but our room is actually a Central Park View Interior (and this is from Royal's actual site).  

The Central Park View, Boardwalk View and Promenade rooms all have that extra window seat which is nice, and is a little bigger than standard balcony or interior.  But I've never tried Boardwalk View Interior so can't comment personally.  (Did really enjoy Boardwalk balcony though)

9 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

The sites are often messed up.  We have the opposite where when going through the booking process on our Harmony cruise, the category shows Boardwalk View Interior, but our room is actually a Central Park View Interior (and this is from Royal's actual site).  

The Central Park View, Boardwalk View and Promenade rooms all have that extra window seat which is nice, and is a little bigger than standard balcony or interior.  But I've never tried Boardwalk View Interior so can't comment personally.  (Did really enjoy Boardwalk balcony though)

Sorry..should say that I'm not sure if Boardwalk View has the window seat. The other two do.

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Are they calling those rooms "Promenade View" now ?  They used to refer to them as "Boardwalk View" or "Central Park View".

We have a Interior Promenade view on Allure and it's only a view of the Promenade.  It's room #7588 located between the 2 sets of elevators.  The Boardwalk view and Central park views are different.