Deluxe Drink Package?

I will be going on the Liberty of the Seas at the end of August and I am debating whether or not to purchase the drink package. I found some recent drink menus that had premium drinks at $13 but the drink price limit is $12. Most of the $13 drinks had premium liquor which is included in the drink package. So I am confused as to why it should be an extra $1 or $2 dollars. I don’t want to buy the drink package just to pay extra on drinks. Has anyone had an issue with this?

They typically adjust the max deluxe drink package drink allotment to match the price of premium drinks.  Was just on the Indy out of Southampton U.K. and most of the drinks were listed at $14 on-board and that was what the Deluxe package covered up to for our sailing.

2 hours ago, Astra616 said:

I will be going on the Liberty of the Seas at the end of August and I am debating whether or not to purchase the drink package. I found some recent drink menus that had premium drinks at $13 but the drink price limit is $12. Most of the $13 drinks had premium liquor which is included in the drink package. So I am confused as to why it should be an extra $1 or $2 dollars. I don’t want to buy the drink package just to pay extra on drinks. Has anyone had an issue with this?

You will be fine.. Its when drinks are $15 then they charge.. There are only like maybe 2 cocktails that fall into this category.. If on liberty most cocktails are $13 then that's what's included in the package.. You won't have to be going everywhere paying a dollar.. i

14 hours ago, Astra616 said:

I don’t want to buy the drink package just to pay extra on drinks. Has anyone had an issue with this?

Don't worry about this. Nearly all the drinks you will order are included with the drink package. The only real exceptions are super high shelf liquors that you would have to specify in your drink order.

22 hours ago, Astra616 said:

Thank y’all for the responses! My husband and I are still debating about the drink package but more than likely we will purchase. Thanks!

Here's a handy calculator I made to help you figure out the dollar amount you may drink while on the cruise.  You'll find it adds up fast when you include coffees, fresh squeezed juice, and sodas.

5 minutes ago, fnomnal said:

I know at one time there was a workaround on if everyone in the same cabin having to have the deluxe package if one had purchased it. Is that still true?

yes, if you want to get around that, you have to call RC.  You can't reserve the two different packages online.