what to do post cruise before 8pm flight?

Metphan714

we are going to be coming into Port Canaveral on Sunday and our flight isnt leaving until 8pm. what are our options for staying in port area or going to downtown Disney  and taking an uber to the airport? what can we do with our luggage so we dont have to drag it around all day?  I know the ship does post cruise excursions but what other options are there?

thanks fellow floaters

3 minutes ago, Metphan714 said:

we are going to be coming into Port Canaveral on Sunday and our flight isnt leaving until 8pm. what are our options for staying in port area or going to downtown Disney  and taking an uber to the airport? what can we do with our luggage so we dont have to drag it around all day?  I know the ship does post cruise excursions but what other options are there?

thanks fellow floaters

Different port...but twice we've cruised and rented a car after the cruise and driven around (in Fort Lauderdale and Lauderdae-by-the-Sea) until time for our 7 and 7:30pm flights.

There should be some sort of excursion with airport drop off  For example, my recent Harmony cruise had options for the Kennedy Space Center with dropoff or "The Real Airboat Adventure" with airport transfer.  If you buy them online in advance you can save $$ on the "sales" which pop up.

2 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

There should be some sort of excursion with airport drop off  For example, my recent Harmony cruise had options for the Kennedy Space Center with dropoff or "The Real Airboat Adventure" with airport transfer.  If you buy them online in advance you can save $$ on the "sales" which pop up.

But be careful with this option.  We purchased this excursion for a Saturday return and on Thursday received a note in our stateroom that it was cancelled due to insufficient participation.  So we not only lost the excursion but had to scramble to arrange a shuttle back to MCO.

I'm going on Mariner this weekend, our Monday flight home post-cruise is also at 8PM.  I plan to be the last one to leave the ship, walk over to Grills for a nice relaxing breakfast (post cruise depression starts to set in, as I eat looking right at Mariner).  After breakfast, we are going to Uber over to the space center and spend the day. I've always wanted to check out the space center, and Monday gives me the perfect amount of time before our flight home.   

23 hours ago, Metphan714 said:

thanks fellow floaters

Hubby and I got off the ship in Port Canaveral.. got a rental car.. drove back to Orlando.. and went to Sea World for the day.. then off to the airport.. luggage was in the car the entire day.. so we got to enjoy ourselves and take our time.. 

We've had this late flight twice out of a different port.  First time I took kids to a movie and shopping while hubby went and played bingo.  It did not work out so well.  Last month we rented a day hotel and enjoyed the hotel for the day before heading to the airport.  Our luggage was safe with us and there was a pool to swim and we had a bed to nap.  It's worth checking out.

23 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

I'm going on Mariner this weekend, our Monday flight home post-cruise is also at 8PM.  I plan to be the last one to leave the ship, walk over to Grills for a nice relaxing breakfast (post cruise depression starts to set in, as I eat looking right at Mariner).  After breakfast, we are going to Uber over to the space center and spend the day. I've always wanted to check out the space center, and Monday gives me the perfect amount of time before our flight home.   

Good plan but where does luggage go?

I would prob do the one way car rental thing tbh..based on the time and distance you are dealing with

thanks for the great ideas! although im not sure my 8yo would like hanging at Grills but its worth the ask ?

im not great about driving in an area that im unfamiliar with, but its another option. 

14 hours ago, Hoski said:

Last month we rented a day hotel and enjoyed the hotel for the day before heading to the airport.  Our luggage was safe with us and there was a pool to swim and we had a bed to nap.  It's worth checking out.

i'll think about this one but my wife already tried the 'stay and extra night in hotel and have a cheaper flight home' so this will be right up her alley