Dining for two?

So sorry for asking this... I DID try doing a search!

I remember in one of the videos there was an RC email address to request seating for two dining preference.  Could someone refresh my memory on that address and when I should send this request?  (We sail in January)

HAHA my first post on this forum!

Don

The email address to contact the dining department is 

rcldining@rccl.com

It used to be that requests were worked on 50 days in advance. However, last month they said to email them 22 days prior to sail date. If you email them now they will reply telling you that, but then you will also have a direct email address for an individual person in the department.

Worst case scenario is that you arrange it on the ship. They are very accommodating.

I've never had an issue doing it on embarkation day.  My first stop once I get aboard is always the dining room to find my table so I don't need to be shown during the dinner rush and can just go directly to my table. I've always been able to get it changed at the hostess stand if it's not to my liking.

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It's possible to get tables for 2 in traditional dining, right?

Yes, so long as they are available.  I don't know how many there are.  We saw tables of two in our dining room on our last cruise.  They might seat you at a table of four, I suppose (without others).  We saw some of that but not sure if it was due to no-shows.

38 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It's possible to get tables for 2 in traditional dining, right?

In my experience I don’t believe so, but it’s been a couple years so things might have changed. You can for sure get one in mTD which is what I use but it’s been so long since I’ve done traditional that I’m not certain if getting a solo table would be possible. 

I emailed them for traditional dining and they replied 90 days before my sailing I should email back. I guess it depends on your sailing. 

It seems that any 2 table top is only 2 inches away from another 2 person table.

I guess so they can push them together if they need a 4 top. I am hoping it won't be so crowded during my sitting. 

We really like having the same wait staff every night. We were able to do this on Ovation using MTD by making our reservations every night at the same time, and could certainly do this again.  The thing I didn't like was having to stand in the line for "Reservations" - we knew where our table was and it's really nice to be able to just walk in and sit down, which we could do for Traditional Dining.  I just know that if I want to switch I need to do it well ahead of time, before it's not an option anymore.

6 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

We really like having the same wait staff every night. We were able to do this on Ovation using MTD by making our reservations every night at the same time, and could certainly do this again.  The thing I didn't like was having to stand in the line for "Reservations" - we knew where our table was and it's really nice to be able to just walk in and sit down, which we could do for Traditional Dining.  I just know that if I want to switch I need to do it well ahead of time, before it's not an option anymore.

We like having the same wait staff too, which is why we always do traditional dining when we travel alone. A call or email to Royal 21-14 days prior has gotten us a table for 2 every time. 

On 7/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, Aeroman380 said:

I emailed them for traditional dining and they replied 90 days before my sailing I should email back. I guess it depends on your sailing. 

It seems that any 2 table top is only 2 inches away from another 2 person table.

I guess so they can push them together if they need a 4 top. I am hoping it won't be so crowded during my sitting. 

We received a two top per request each night of our cruise in the MDR without a problem. The tables were close, but not too close.

2 hours ago, FManke said:

We received a two top per request each night of our cruise in the MDR without a problem. The tables were close, but not too close.

Omg....in my time dining on freedom I might just as well been sitting on my neighbors lap.  We were between 2 other 2 tops and i felt like we could have just joined them.  My guess is regular sittings the two tables might be farther but on freedom and allure, the mtd was super tight.  Jane

13 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Omg....in my time dining on freedom I might just as well been sitting on my neighbors lap.  We were between 2 other 2 tops and i felt like we could have just joined them.  My guess is regular sittings the two tables might be farther but on freedom and allure, the mtd was super tight.  Jane

Maybe we just got lucky, but I've been in closer seating arrangements many times in Chicago and surrounding suburbs before. At least on ship there isn't really the concern of turning tables to increase revenue. They aren't going to make more money by serving more people. On land they want to cram as many people as the fire marshal will allow into all available space. If you've ever had that "prime" table right next to the bathrooms, you'll know what I mean.

4 hours ago, FManke said:

Maybe we just got lucky, but I've been in closer seating arrangements many times in Chicago and surrounding suburbs before. At least on ship there isn't really the concern of turning tables to increase revenue. They aren't going to make more money by serving more people. On land they want to cram as many people as the fire marshal will allow into all available space. If you've ever had that "prime" table right next to the bathrooms, you'll know what I mean.

Then on New Years Eve those same land restaurants manage to cram yet a few more tables into the same space so they can charge the special NYE rate for a "special" dinner.