Galveston Hotels with Free Parking During Cruise?

I've read that some hotels offer free (or included) parking during your cruise.  Has anyone stayed at a hotel with this amenity and would you recommend the hotel?  

The few that I have found in my search online said that they didn't offer parking when I called them.  Hotel Galvez has parking included but they are already booked for the night we'll be there.

Thanks in advance!

You might try the Moody Gardens Hotel, we stayed there last year before a cruise and the lady at the front desk mentioned they had a package where you could leave your car in their garage and they would shuttle you over to the terminal.  We did not use because we already had parking reservations,  so I have no details. 

I ran into a problem trying to do just what you are doing. Started with Galvez, it was full. Found a list of hotels on line that offer cruise parking and shuttle....there are 5 or 6 but they were all full. Turns out there was a marathon race that had everything booked up (Christmas, 2019) so I found a hotel just off the freeway for the night before and prepaid Port Parking. Next time I'll try earlier. (I've tried 3 times over the years to book Galvez....always full. They need to add on!!)

Its been a couple of years and Its not the answer you requested but we usually use a parking garage literally accross the street from the port. You have the option of driving into the port to drop your luggage then parking or if your a light packer just walking to the terminal from the garage.  We found the cost of parking combined with a hotel not offering port parking was cheaper.  We literally have stood on our balcony on the ship and waived goodbye to our car as we sailed.  Also in our opinion the Galveston port was one of the most congested because there was only one entrance for two different cruise line terminals. By the time you caught a shuttle packed in with a bunch of folks and their luggage then waited through the snail drive in line we could be through the terminal and already enjoying our first drink.  When you return instead of waiting for a shuttle we just walked to our car and got on the road.   I know they've been working hard to improve so things may have changed.  Just trying to offer you options.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, RRBK said:

This website has a list that I have used in the past.  We have our first RCCL cruise booked in August 2019 on Enchantment of the Seas and we are staying in the Hilton Galveston Island Resort.  

https://www.galveston.com/parkandcruise/

We're on the August 28 Enchantment sailing

On 6/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, Razerbkfan said:

Its been a couple of years and Its not the answer you requested but we usually use a parking garage literally accross the street from the port. You have the option of driving into the port to drop your luggage then parking or if your a light packer just walking to the terminal from the garage.  We found the cost of parking combined with a hotel not offering port parking was cheaper.  We literally have stood on our balcony on the ship and waived goodbye to our car as we sailed.  Also in our opinion the Galveston port was one of the most congested because there was only one entrance for two different cruise line terminals. By the time you caught a shuttle packed in with a bunch of folks and their luggage then waited through the snail drive in line we could be through the terminal and already enjoying our first drink.  When you return instead of waiting for a shuttle we just walked to our car and got on the road.   I know they've been working hard to improve so things may have changed.  Just trying to offer you options.

We have done the parking both ways. When we use hotel parking we usually get an uber to and from the port- about $10.00 each way and quicker than waiting for the hotel shuttle.  

We have also parked in covered garage across the street and walked with our luggage. It’s about a block from the garage and over railroad tracks and up or down a few steps so if mobility is an issue then it might not work.  I believe it was $105 for a 7 day cruise. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, RRBK said:

This website has a list that I have used in the past.  We have our first RCCL cruise booked in August 2019 on Enchantment of the Seas and we are staying in the Hilton Galveston Island Resort.  

https://www.galveston.com/parkandcruise/

We're staying at The Harbor House and going to walk to 2 blocks to the terminal. Our 18 month old will be on his third cruise.

Harbor House Hotel and Marina, located at Pier 21, offers cruise guests the option to leave their cars during their cruise at the hotel parking lot for a cost of $12/night or park at the Hotel Galvez parking garage at no charge and catch the courtesy shuttle for their cruise and to retrieve their car.