RoyalUp Min Bid Changes?

Hi BrewerJoe, I am hoping someone with more insight chimes in. It’s our first cruise in 4 days on HOTS. In about March, i bid  on a RoyalUp for one of my two rooms& have not heard or seen any indication of acceptance or denial. I was getting antsy so I put in an addition room bid( there were several choice rooms to bid on) today to try. I did not notice a fluctuation on the choices.

15 hours ago, BrewerJoe said:

I read somewhere that the minimum bid for RoyalUp can fluctuate leading up to departure.  Has anyone experienced this?  Do you get a new RoyalUp email when this happens, or do you just need to keep checking in on it to see what the current minimum is?

My 3 emails have all been the same amount...I will go try online and see! 

Mine has stayed the same for my June 15 majesty cruise and with all the cancellations I'm betting it's available.  I would expect it to have gone down.  Oh well... But 800 total just is too high to jump.  Jane

I've seen minimum bid change.  

I've seen it where I bid the minimum then when I looked at it later the minimum bid had increased.  I canceled my bid and checked again and the minimum bid had instantly gone back down.  

Apparently the minimum bid is based on thresholds and my bid was causing a threshold to be crossed triggering a higher minimum bid which meant my minimum bid was meaningless if anyone else placed any sort of bid at the now higher minimum level.  

On 6/14/2019 at 4:22 PM, CruisinForABruisin said:

Update, they drop by 50%. If anyone is sailing majesty 6/19, upgrades are cheap. $650 owner's suite, 400 for suite, 200 for jr suite

You've seen a 50% decrease in the minimum bids for RoyalUp?  Did you receive an email when the price dropped, or did you notice the change by checking the site?

I'm on Majesty's July 17 5 day sailing. They want a $700/pp minimum bid for an upgrade from a Oceanview GTY to a Jr. Suite - that's now 2x more than what the cruise cost after the Cuba cancellation refund.  $1K for Grand Suite, and $1,700 for Owners.