Info on Asia cruises please (Spectrum July 2021)

Hi everyone, we went on our first cruise in April on Harmony (Eastern Caribbean) and absolutely fell in love with cruising!

My husband will be turning 40 in July 2021 and we'd love to do another RCC. As we live in Western Australia, it is much cheaper for us to fly to Asia (we are a family of 4). I have been looking at cruises for July 2020 to get an idea of what's on offer and a Shanghai/Japan cruise on Spectrum of the Seas has us really excited. While looking at cruises in July 2020 I noticed all other cruises had specials (% of second guest and kids, onboard credit etc) but the Asia cruises had none. Has anyone come across specials/promotions on Asia cruises? I also heard things like the north star and ifly would have an additional fee. Is that correct? Would we have enough time to visit Universal Studios while ported in Osaka? And lastly, could anyone tell me when the July 2021 cruises are likely to be released? Any other info would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!!

Hi! We're living in Tokyo right now, so I totally get the "cheaper to fly to Asia" bit! We've done several cruises in the region and had a great time.

Asia cruises have far fewer sales. Our best results have come from using Next Cruise onboard. So hop on a short cruise out of Sydney or Brisbane and get to booking! ? 

Rumor has it specifically the China-based (Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai) sailings will charge for the things that are complimentary in other areas, like north star, etc.

I will have a bunch more first-hand info for you at the end of December, as we will be sailing on Spectrum out of Hong Kong and I promise to blog as much as possible!

As for Osaka, the port is pretty close to Universal, so I don't see why you couldn't go there, depending on how long your ship is in port. I will say that my favorite thing in Osaka is actually the aquarium next to Legoland, though -- best one I've ever been to anywhere in the world -- so keep that one in mind if you like aquariums at all!

Thanks so much for that info Kristi!

I can't wait to hear about your experience on Spectrum! We are going on a cruise in January with Princess from Singapore. RC wasn't available for the dates we needed otherwise that would of been a perfect chance to do book for July! I personally love aquariums but the kids and hubby no so much (they much prefer Harry Potter haha). I hope your cruise countdown goes fast! Thanks again ? - Danni