Anthem of the seas app

av3206

So do we not have any app access to the anthem? We have a party of 10 just wondering how we can communicate I am ok with not being able to communicate with the other members of my family ha but just wondering the app I downloaded says it won’t work on the anthem 

Anthem uses the RoyalIQ app which is different than the Royal app.

RoyalIQ has an $8 (per cruise) text feature, or if you have iPhones, a loophole allows iMessage to work for free on Anthem for iPhone-to-iPhone messaging.

RoyalIQ only works on the ship, you can't use it before sailing like the new Royal app.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Anthem uses the RoyalIQ app which is different than the Royal app.

RoyalIQ has an $8 (per cruise) text feature, or if you have iPhones, a loophole allows iMessage to work for free on Anthem for iPhone-to-iPhone messaging.

RoyalIQ only works on the ship, you can't use it before sailing like the new Royal app.

The loophole seriously works? Everyone in my party has iPhone. Felt like I was going to be stuck buying Voom just to message each other

4 hours ago, hsweat22 said:

The loophole seriously works? Everyone in my party has iPhone. Felt like I was going to be stuck buying Voom just to message each other

Yes.  I've used it on Anthem and Ovation recently.  You can iMessage to other Apple users (blue), even those back home on land.  Text messages (green) to non-Apple devices won't work.

You'll also get notifications such as news or weather alerts if you have apps that provide those but if you tap a notification the app can't load the content without a paid Voom plan.