Bayonne/Cape Liberty Hotel

Can anyone give some insight on some options for hotels in for the Bayonne port?  Bonus if they are Hilton brands.  I am looking at the Double Tree in Jersey City as it seems to offer a great view of the NYC skyline, but wondering about location.  There is always the option of staying near the airport.  We plan to get in for a full day before the cruise to go over and see the 9/11 memorial and maybe a few other things around depending on time, so ease of getting to NY is also a bonus.

Thanks!!!

1 minute ago, twangster said:

I generally stay in an airport hotel and take the free hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel.  In the morning I use a ride share to reach the port.

I did forget to mention the key piece. We are driving in. And the plan is to park at the terminal for the cruise. Unless others suggest parking at hotel and using their shuttle to port (I typically avoid this option at other ports). 

I have stayed in a number of hotels in that immediate vicinity. The area is nice. Good views, pathways along the river, and nearby shopping for stuff you forgot.  Two blocks north is the PATH train to manhattan. It will take you directly to Harold Square (Macy’s) in Midtown. (You can also take a train or a series of trains, depending on the time of day, to the WTC downtown). 

We like to see a show in Time Square then walk 10-15 minutes to the PATH station at Harold’s Square then back to the hotel. 

8 hours ago, hsweat22 said:

Can anyone give some insight on some options for hotels in for the Bayonne port?  Bonus if they are Hilton brands.  I am looking at the Double Tree in Jersey City as it seems to offer a great view of the NYC skyline, but wondering about location.  There is always the option of staying near the airport.  We plan to get in for a full day before the cruise to go over and see the 9/11 memorial and maybe a few other things around depending on time, so ease of getting to NY is also a bonus.

Thanks!!!

It’s a clean and busy area. There is Newport Center Mall across the street. Shoprite supermarket a few minutes down the street along with Bed Bath and Beyond. Target is a few blocks away. Basically there are plenty of places to shop and and eat if you choose not to take the PATH train into NYC. If you want to take the train you can go through the mall. There is also a movie theater in the food court but it has bad reviews so I haven’t tried it. It’s a super easy 20 minute ride to the cruise port.

I have not stayed at the Doubletree but if the reviews are good for the hotel I would. The neighborhood is definitely acceptable.

17 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

There are various cities with "park and cruise" options - your night's stay at the hotel provides free parking.  Not sure if it is available where you are traveling.  Might be worth checking online.

LYes they have parking at port   It used to be 15$ assume not sure how much now

2 minutes ago, Bigken said:

2 minutes ago, Bigken said:

I meant to say 15$ a day think is 20$ now

26 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Yes, the cost of RCI's parking is high, which is why in Florida we prefer the park and cruise options with local hotels.

RCI doesn't have a parking lot.  The local port does though.  Like an airport where the airline doesn't own the parking facilities, Royal doesn't own the port or port parking facility.

Port parking just about anywhere is still cheaper compared to my local airport.  It's nearly $30 per day to park at my airport.  I can use Lyft for that amount.

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, Hoski said:

Home2 Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, 620 Route 1 & 9 South, Newark, NJ

I booked this for my daughters and myself for October.  Website says it will be $10 per day parking for cruises but front desk told me on phone it would be free and they have a shuttle. 

I called this hotel and the person I talked to said their lot is too small.  They don't offer a park and fly or park and cruise option.  You might want to verify this with the hotel.  

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth.  The commute in the morning to the pier was not bad (around 20 minutes).  Hotel was clean, friendly, and also had breakfast.  On the same street they have two other hotels (Country Inn and the residence Inn).  I know there is also a Ruby Tuesday across the street.  Perhaps not the best choice but local.  Not sure about any parking as we took the free airport shuttle from EWR and then a car service (Dial 7) to the port.

Good luck!  

Back in Dec '14, we stayed at the Country Inn.  The room came with 10 nights of parking in a gated lot (10 day cruise) and they had an agreement with a bus service to get us to the port (extra charge).  Can't recall the actual cost, but we felt it was a good deal.  Besides the Ruby Tuesdays, there's an IHOP there as well.

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Torie said:

IS THERE A RCCL SHUTTLE FROM EWR AIRPORT TO THE BAYONNE CRUISE PORT?? 

Welcome to the message boards.

I believe you want a transfer. Contact the cruise line (or your travel agent) to book one. Only available day of the cruise.

On our August cruise on aboard Adventure we flew into Newark and uber'd to Springhill Suites airport.  Springhill Suites is a Marriott property which we used because of ratings on Trip Advisor and our stay was paid for using Marriott points.  We were satisfied with the hotel and would use it again.  I cost twenty dollars to Uber from hotel to Cape Liberty.

Bill