Best Cocktail Drinks on RCCL

skwak

On 6/10/2019 at 7:30 PM, DDaley said:

That sounds amazing! I just put ordering it on my To Do Once Onboard list. 

+1 on that!

On 6/10/2019 at 4:38 PM, function12 said:

The BBC!!!  Delicious!!!!

It is Baileys, Banana liquor, Rum, and Pina colada mix.  Pool side will put in a fresh banana too sometimes.

As someone here said to me once before: 

Y O W Z A!!

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Another vote for Lava Flow with Kraken (Per my wife, she thought she would hate the rum floater but loved it.).

Had that in both strawberry and mango flavors...yummy. LOVE that Kraken.

48 minutes ago, OrlandoDad said:

That sounds great!  So on the Deluxe Drink Plan, you'd get the Lava Flow, then just pay the up-charge for the shot of Kraken?

With the Deluxe plan the Kraken is included...you're just specifying the type of rum to be used in the Lava Flow.

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink.

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink

Yup, that's exactly how it worked on Symphony last month. The shot of Kraken was $8.99 + 18% = $10.61

On 6/14/2019 at 1:53 PM, AshleyDillo said:

With the Deluxe plan the Kraken is included...you're just specifying the type of rum to be used in the Lava Flow.

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink.

They're technically supposed to charge for the floater shot, the package only officially covers single-shot drinks, but in my experience they rarely do.  Be nice to your bartenders! ?

13 hours ago, FreedomClassKid said:

Although its simple, a good Pina colada was just great for me and I loved it! I also saw there was a drink that was a mix of Pina colada and strawberry daiquiri. Theres also a mix of mango daiquiri, strawberry daiquiri and Pina colada  and that just sounds divine ?

I believe the Pina Colada and strawberry daiquiri mixed is called a Miami Vice.  My buddy has been telling me non stop I have to try one! 

15 hours ago, Morganno said:

I asked for this on Explorer several times but it just looked like a rum strawberry daquari. 

What's the difference. 

A lava flow is supposed to be a pina colada with a "lava flow" of strawberry puree added to it.  The strawberry shouldn't be blended in with the pina colada.

51 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

A lava flow is supposed to be a pina colada with a "lava flow" of strawberry puree added to it.  The strawberry shouldn't be blended in with the pina colada.

Here is a picture of it with mango instead of strawberry (and a shot of Kraken next to it).

image.jpeg.18efea72e5449025fb7b083bfdc112da.jpeg

• 2 years later...

It is Baileys, Banana liquor, Rum, and Pina colada mix.  Pool side will put in a fresh banana too sometimes.

We tried almost every bar on Harmony and were unable to get a BBC.  They said they did not have the banana liquor on board. ☹️

Is the BBC blended, or on the rocks?   Or maybe it doesn’t matter?   😁

16 hours ago, Cruiser4Life said:

I was on my fifth RC cruise before I was informed that the Lavender Daiquiri on the menu at Schooner  was not a daiquiri but a delicious straight up martini…. I don’t like frozen cocktails so I always skipped over it… now it’s one of my favorite drinks on RC… still have no idea why they call it a daiquiri. 🤔☺️

Schooner has both… the lavender daiquiri is rum based and is one of their signature cocktails.   They also make a lavender martini (vodka based) for Chops.   The martini is personally my favorite cocktail onboard and I learned the proportions last August on Odyssey and have been making them at home ever since!

Thank you, my cruising friends! Shows how much I know… never thought about kind of liquor.. my college days erroneously taught me that daiquiris are frozen and anything served in a martini glass is classified as a martini. 🤣 Trying to help others who followed my train of thought when looking at a cocktail menu… the lesson is.:: try new things! You are on vacation and have nothing to lose by ordering a drink you wouldn’t normally due to the description… Cheers!

On 5/3/2022 at 11:12 AM, Patchy said:

Schooner has both… the lavender daiquiri is rum based and is one of their signature cocktails.   They also make a lavender martini (vodka based) for Chops.   The martini is personally my favorite cocktail onboard and I learned the proportions last August on Odyssey and have been making them at home ever since!

Oh, I didn't know Chops had a vodka version!  I see some lavender daiquiri/martinis in my future.  Thnx for the info!!

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 9:03 PM, Patchy said:

Is the BBC blended, or on the rocks?   Or maybe it doesn’t matter?   😁

It is blended.

We make them at home now too.

1 shot of Banana liquor

1 1/2 shots Captain Morgan rum and Baileys

3 shots on Pina cola mix.

Then ice 2 large drink cups of ice.  When almost done blending.  Throw in a whole banana.

This will make 2 drinks.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, Patchy said:

Will you share the proportions for a martini please? Many thanks.

I like all the frozen drinks:

Lava Flow with Kraken

Love Connection (lava flow with mango puree)

The banana one (didn't know the name)  

something similar to a Bob Marley but it's like a Lava Flow with Blue Curacao. 

Miami Vice

there was also a shot they were doing on Oasis: 2 sipper - rum, pineapple juice and blue curacao.  not sure what the real name is. just give me the blue drink!

On 6/6/2022 at 10:12 AM, function12 said:

It is blended.

We make them at home now too.

1 shot of Banana liquor

1 1/2 shots Captain Morgan rum and Baileys

3 shots on Pina cola mix.

Then ice 2 large drink cups of ice.  When almost done blending.  Throw in a whole banana.

This will make 2 drinks.

stop by the Cafe and bring your bartenders some fresh bananas!

On 5/2/2022 at 10:15 PM, Cruiser4Life said:

I was on my fifth RC cruise before I was informed that the Lavender Daiquiri on the menu at Schooner  was not a daiquiri but a delicious straight up martini…. I don’t like frozen cocktails so I always skipped over it… now it’s one of my favorite drinks on RC… still have no idea why they call it a daiquiri. 🤔☺️

YAAAASSSS!!! The Lavender Daiquiri is awesome. Many a night it 'walked' me back to my room. It sometimes called me out of my room....in those cases I took both of our SeaPass cards and ordered a DOUBLE!! I also had the 🤔moment about why it's called a daiquiri but served in a martini glass, but whatever. Down the hatch it went!!

Another keeper was the Curacao Cosmo. I got them all over the ship but the bartenders in the Suite Lounge definitely made it best!!

8 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Will you share the proportions for a martini please? Many thanks.

Lavender Vodka Martini:

2 generous oz. Vodka (I personally like Tito’s) 

1 oz. Monin lavender syrup (buy it on Amazon)

1 oz. Sour mix (some brands call it whiskey sour mix).  If you have “sweet and sour” mix just do 1/2 oz.

Shake over ice and try not to drink too many of these!

Some people garnish with a lime wedge or a mint leaf, but I don’t think either detract from or enhance the flavor.

Feel free to tweak the proportions to your liking!   This version is sweet but not super sweet.