Advance Drink Package Booking

BethGR

Couple of questions....

Would love to snag the savings of advance booking of the "Deluxe Beverage Drink Package."  Seems to save $15-20/day (on the Majesty for a July sailing).

So the hubby has been sober for 17 years, but doesn't mind that I drink. I've heard that there are exceptions to the "both in cabin must purchase the same plan" rule. We would be fine w/ the hubs getting the Classic Beverage package if they would allow that.  And can supply a letter from his sponsor or doc as needed.

Our questions:

* I'm sure this would be tricky to book online, since they usually require (from my understanding) that both people in cabin must purchase the same package. So call somewhere to book?

* Are gratuities included in either the Deluxe Drink Package and/or the Classic Beverage Package?  I've seen mixed info around the interwebby on this.

* And if we add internet access (VOOM!) - do we have to add to BOTH in cabin or can we just add to one of the packages?

Thanks!

Beth

17 minutes ago, BethGR said:

Couple of questions....

Would love to snag the savings of advance booking of the "Deluxe Beverage Drink Package."  Seems to save $15-20/day (on the Majesty for a July sailing).

So the hubby has been sober for 17 years, but doesn't mind that I drink. I've heard that there are exceptions to the "both in cabin must purchase the same plan" rule. We would be fine w/ the hubs getting the Classic Beverage package if they would allow that.  And can supply a letter from his sponsor or doc as needed.

Our questions:

* I'm sure this would be tricky to book online, since they usually require (from my understanding) that both people in cabin must purchase the same package. So call somewhere to book? Yes, you would need to call Royal

* Are gratuities included in either the Deluxe Drink Package and/or the Classic Beverage Package?  I've seen mixed info around the interwebby on this. It's the listed sale price + 18% gratuities

* And if we add internet access (VOOM!) - do we have to add to BOTH in cabin or can we just add to one of the packages? Voom only needs to be added to one of you and it can be added afterwards.  If you both don't need to be connected at the same time a 1 device plan should suffice.  If you decide to get a Voom 1 or 2-device plan then you won't need to call.  But if they're currently offered a DBP + Voom package, then you'd would have to call into Royal again otherwise it makes both of you purchase the package.

Thanks!

Beth

In order to purchase one Deluxe and one Refreshment you would have to call. A phone number should be listed in the Cruise Planner.

Price listed, example $49 a day, doesn't include the gratuities/service charge. An extra 18% will be added at time of purchasing the package.

No restrictions on how Voom needs to be purchased. One person can purchase a single device plan and share it between multiple devices. Voom is also an available option with the Deluxe package.

If you call they should allow you to book him the Refreshment Package.  You have to call, you can not do this online.  18% gratuity will be added to the price of any of the drink packages.  You can buy one device Voom if you'd like.  Only one device can be logged in at a time, but you can log out and your husband can then log in.

13 hours ago, BethGR said:

I'm sure this would be tricky to book online, since they usually require (from my understanding) that both people in cabin must purchase the same package. So call somewhere to book?

You're right that you cannot do it online. You need to call RC.

Are gratuities included in either the Deluxe Drink Package and/or the Classic Beverage Package?  I've seen mixed info around the interwebby on this.

Yes they are.

And if we add internet access (VOOM!) - do we have to add to BOTH in cabin or can we just add to one of the packages?

No, that is not a rule and internet package benefits can be shared. The internet packages are priced per device, not per person.

Listen to @Matt

You do not need to have both in the cabin for Voom.  We have never purchased more than 1 device for us.

I would say also look into your planner.  Sometimes they bundle the DBP with Voom at a lower price than when you buy them separately.  If you see it on the planner that way, contact RCL directly.

For example, I have seen the bundle for 57 pp.  DPB was 49.99 and Voom 11.99 = 62.   

10 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

Listen to @Matt

You do not need to have both in the cabin for Voom.  We have never purchased more than 1 device for us.

I would say also look into your planner.  Sometimes they bundle the DBP with Voom at a lower price than when you buy them separately.  If you see it on the planner that way, contact RCL directly.

For example, I have seen the bundle for 57 pp.  DPB was 49.99 and Voom 11.99 = 62.   

On our bundle, we got the drink package for $52 and Voom for an extra $10.  What I discovered was that the 18% was only on the drink package.

2 hours ago, Weezie57 said:

On our bundle, we got the drink package for $52 and Voom for an extra $10.  What I discovered was that the 18% was only on the drink package.

Just called and got the Voom & Deluxe Drink Package and the Refreshment Package, totaling $418, including gratuities. I did a drink calculator and it came out to be about 410, but that was JUST with drinks, not with the VOOM, so I think we'll come out ahead, especially over the cost if we signed up onboard.  And then just the fact that we won't have to worry about budget, etc. once on board.