bottle on board

Hi.

I know if you purchase alcohol from a store on board the ship they don't give it to you until after the cruise. Has anyone ever asked if they could buy a bottle from any of the bars? I just think the drink package is way overpriced even with buy one get one half off. Even if I paid a lot for the bottle I don't think I need to get a drink package. Let me know if you have tried this and been successful.

Thanks 

Michael

You can buy one or more bottles of wine in the dining room, and it seems you can bring two bottles of wine on board per person.  The MDR keeps your bottle available from night to night.  I don't know about the bars, but I would guess they can sell wine by the bottle.  Not sure about spirits.

4 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

You can buy one or more bottles of wine in the dining room, and it seems you can bring two bottles of wine on board per person.  The MDR keeps your bottle available from night to night.  I don't know about the bars, but I would guess they can sell wine by the bottle.  Not sure about spirits.

yeah looking for other liquor but not wine.

2 hours ago, markm said:

After you log into your account , look in the top right hand corner and click on the down arrow next to the person icon, the click Royal Gifts then under choose a category select onboard deliver , you can order it there and have it delivered to your room. Expensive 

Yeah I looked at this but not available on my ship which is lame.

My plan is buying smaller bottles in port and bringing my own mixer/plastic resuable bottle with ice off with me.. However, I have the DBX so as soon as I get back on board the drinks are “free” again so my plan is only good for port cocktails, unfortunately. I haven’t yet figured out the in-cabin supply and am giving up hope!