RC Diamond to Celebrity Eclipse FEB 2020

After 23 cruises on RC, we are moving to a Celebrity cruise to make a once in a lifetime journey to the Antarctica (FEB 2020 on Eclipse).  We are Diamond Level, which we know qualifies us for Elite on Celebrity, but we are interested to hear any advice for us "rookies".  We know the Diamond "drill" on RC, but are interested in any hints for this special cruise and how to maximize our experience. 

Just FYI ... we are just off Grandeur where we had a blast (again).  Small ship, but big time fun (dancing, singing, and that other "ing" that starts with the letter "D").

?

Curt from Canada

No ... we are committed.  Booked and we will be making the trip.  Our questions are more around what to expect on Celebrity vs. RC.  I think we are used to being very comfortable with certain "processes".  The Project Manager in me wants to be prepared for as many as possibilities as possible.

Curt from Canada

On 6/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, Curt From Canada said:

After 23 cruises on RC, we are moving to a Celebrity cruise to make a once in a lifetime journey to the Antarctica (FEB 2020 on Eclipse).  We are Diamond Level, which we know qualifies us for Elite on Celebrity, but we are interested to hear any advice for us "rookies".  We know the Diamond "drill" on RC, but are interested in any hints for this special cruise and how to maximize our experience. 

Just FYI ... we are just off Grandeur where we had a blast (again).  Small ship, but big time fun (dancing, singing, and that other "ing" that starts with the letter "D").

?

Curt from Canada

We're doing the same thing - but different ship, LOL.  Just off Grandeur in May...next up is the newly revolutionized Summit for her repo from Bayonne to San Juan in October.  Looking forward to trying out Elite and all it's benefits. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:19 AM, KathyC said:

We're doing the same thing - but different ship, LOL.  Just off Grandeur in May...next up is the newly revolutionized Summit for her repo from Bayonne to San Juan in October.  Looking forward to trying out Elite and all it's benefits. 

We will be sailing on Summit towards the end of next year (through the Panama Canal). It will be our first Celebrity cruise, so we would be grateful for any feedback you might care to give, when you return, about Summit and the general Celebrity experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, Curt From Canada said:

?

Curt from Canada

Some of my favorite perks on celebrity that my husband and I used on our last sailing:

• I love the specialty coffee, mimosas, or bloody Mary's during the morning captain's club hour in the Tuscan grill.  The views are breathtaking at the aft of the ship.
  • Love the free bag of laundry for each guest.  Each guest can also get 1 item dry-cleaned, so we got my husband's suit dry-cleaned on our last guest (This will be nice on your longer itinerary)
  • Many days on the Solstice, we got invited up to special sailaways on the helicopter pad (invitations to our cabin)
  • There is not captain's club hour on the 1st night, but on the second night and after, they rope off part of the sky lounge and serve drinks and appetizers. The captain's club party is also usually nice and always has special entertainment
  • Each guest gets one complimentary scoop of gelato
  • On 2 seperate cruises on solstice, my husband and I have been in the right place and the right time, and gotten invited to a special dinner in the Tuscan Grill with the hotel director and the director of food and beverage.

23 minutes ago, iluvwineandtravel said:

Some of my favorite perks on celebrity that my husband and I used on our last sailing:

• I love the specialty coffee, mimosas, or bloody Mary's during the morning captain's club hour in the Tuscan grill.  The views are breathtaking at the aft of the ship.
  • Love the free bag of laundry for each guest.  Each guest can also get 1 item dry-cleaned, so we got my husband's suit dry-cleaned on our last guest (This will be nice on your longer itinerary)
  • Many days on the Solstice, we got invited up to special sailaways on the helicopter pad (invitations to our cabin)
  • There is not captain's club hour on the 1st night, but on the second night and after, they rope off part of the sky lounge and serve drinks and appetizers. The captain's club party is also usually nice and always has special entertainment
  • Each guest gets one complimentary scoop of gelato
  • On 2 seperate cruises on solstice, my husband and I have been in the right place and the right time, and gotten invited to a special dinner in the Tuscan Grill with the hotel director and the director of food and beverage.

Thank you .. exactly what we were looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

love this posting - Celebrity is a different line and has some really excellent upgraded I think benefits
And ships make a difference too - Elite is a great status to walk into with some already nice additions
and they do give some extra things in suites as well.   Laundry is a great one!