150 Central Park - How Much Can Order

I've just booked 150 Central Park (as well as all of our MTD reservations for the week which has given me RSI what with all of the checking-out required ? #cruiselifeproblems) and, as a self-confessed foodie, I'm very excited about it. So, now I'm wondering, how much can I order off the menu? Is it one item per course or are you allowed multiple starters and desserts? ?

12 minutes ago, hayley_bopp said:

I've just booked 150 Central Park (as well as all of our MTD reservations for the week which has given me RSI what with all of the checking-out required ? #cruiselifeproblems) and, as a self-confessed foodie, I'm very excited about it. So, now I'm wondering, how much can I order off the menu? Is it one item per course or are you allowed multiple starters and desserts? ?

Hi @hayley_bopp . I hope you will love 150 Central Park as much as we did. As far as I know, you are permitted to order as many appetizers and desserts as you'd like, but 1 entree. We didn't ask for a 2nd entree, but it couldn't hurt...go for it!

Also, don't forget to try the garden martini, per @Lovetocruise2002.  mmm,,,mmm,,,,mmm?

55 minutes ago, Skid said:

Also, don't forget to try the garden martini, per @Lovetocruise2002.  mmm,,,mmm,,,,mmm?

35 minutes ago, hayley_bopp said:

@Lovetocruise2002's martini recommendatio might have been one of the main reasons for booking...?

Ok, I will take the blame for this one too ?

The martini is the most amazing drink I have ever had on a cruise!!! Yum....   But it's the lemongrass that makes it. Don't be fooled by imitations lol.  We were able to order lots of extra appetizers.  I don't remember if we could get an extra entree because at the point, i had been savoring the cucumber Martinis!  No really, we all got different ones so we didn't try extra.  Jane

I asked about additional entrees at 150 on the Allure last March and my waitress said I could get a second entree, but that they'd only bring out one at time.  I ended up being too full at the end to want a second entree so I didn't actually order one, but they did tell me I was allowed to.

That said, I've heard online that others have been told no, so your mileage may vary depending on the ship and your server.

Also, we pretty much always get a cheese plate to start and we didn't think 150 offered one at first.  Turns out it was on the dessert menu which they don't bring until the end.  But we asked about it early on and the waitress brought us one.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:43 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I thought that one of the big points of the new unlimited dining plan was that you COULD have multiple entrees.  I remember it being specifically highlighted.  Won't be surprised to hear that Royal has backtracked on that but originally it was definitely a part of the new plan.

I was thinking Hayley didn't have it as she only mentioned reservations not udp.  I would think you totally can get as many entrees as you want with the udp.  Jane

1 hour ago, hayley_bopp said:

I can confirm I do not have the UDP. Being my first Oasis class cruise and only a 7 night sailing I wanted to be able to make the most of the included options this time around. 150 is a #gotsta experience for me though ?

on my Symphony sailing in January before the unlimited was released I was dining in 150.. The table next to me ordered two entrees and it was no problem.. I think you will be fine. Its a great restaurant you will love it!! Order the Tenderloin for 1 or 2.. Its the best thing on the menu!! 

I was on Allure in March and the table next to me (a couple of 20 sometthing's) ordered literally 3 entrees each, 4 apps and 3 desserts.  It was a bit sick to watch how much food they wasted that night and how many "special" requests they put the waiter through but in that case they did not prohibit them from ordering everything.

Speaking of 150, has anyone had any experience with getting an entree for someone that doesn’t eat meat or fish? The menu is very limited with the only listed entree for someone I know that has these restrictions as a piece of cauliflower. But I’m curious if anyone has had any luck with requesting something off menu? Thanks 

46 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

Speaking of 150, has anyone had any experience with getting an entree for someone that doesn’t eat meat or fish? The menu is very limited with the only listed entree for someone I know that has these restrictions as a piece of cauliflower. But I’m curious if anyone has had any luck with requesting something off menu? Thanks 

Yes I have experience with this.. My mother in law can't basically eat much.. What you need to do is the the day before go to the restaurant and tell them what your needs are. They will then work with you to make something they can eat.. It goes a lot smoother if you give them a day in advance to prepare.. Its a very nice dining experience. Enjoy. 

2 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

Order the Tenderloin for 1 or 2.. Its the best thing on the menu!! 

@hayley_bopp--if I am not mistaken, @WAAAYTOOO made the same recommendation. Was that great?--absolutely. But in my opinion, the veal medallions were even better! And for appetizers, DW loved the scallops and the Pumpkin Bisque was to die for. The peanut butter chocolate tart dessert was as good as Wonderland's The World.   Gee, I miss that restaurant! I know you followed my live blog (thanks!), but as a reminder you can see the menu and pictures if you scroll about 3/4s of the way down on page five.