MDR with a group for 1 night?

We have only been on one cruise (Allure). We only ate in MDR once night because each of us was in different meal timetable as we often are in vacation. We will be in Oasis next June and have a few other families would are going with us. All very loose, not glued at the hip ?.  We don’t want to be locked into MDR at a specific time ever day, but it would be nice to have one dinner together as a group.  How would we schedule that?

TIA!

11 minutes ago, SummerJoy72 said:

We have only been on one cruise (Allure). We only ate in MDR once night because each of us was in different meal timetable as we often are in vacation. We will be in Oasis next June and have a few other families would are going with us. All very loose, not glued at the hip ?.  We don’t want to be locked into MDR at a specific time ever day, but it would be nice to have one dinner together as a group.  How would we schedule that?

TIA!

I would suggest My Time Dining (MTD).  Everyone would need to be on the same dining and that would have been arranged through your TA or Royal when you booked.  It can be changed.  Once everyone is on MTD, then get everyone's reservation number and book for whatever day/time you decide and request it.  You typically can only request up to 12 people but someone over the phone may be able to help if bigger party.  Just verify it with the MTD desk on the first day.  The other nights, each family is free to make individual reservations.  If families don't want to switch to  MTD, then I suggest a big Windjammer gathering.  If you are in Traditional dining, this would be impossible as each family would already be assigned a table.