Dining Times

levy1980

Hi All,

First RC cruise coming up later this year, we selected early seating and I see a dinner time of 5.30pm listed online under our booking.  My question is what is the latest time I can enter for early dining? I assumed 5.30 was the start of the session although someone mentioned if you don't arrive for that time they will give your table away.  Can anyone clarify, thanks

On the Harmony recently, our booking listed 515 as dinner time, but doors opened at 5 PM and supposedly were closed at 530.  Whatever your actual time, there is a window of about 30 minutes so that they can get everyone served and cleaned up before 2nd seating.  On our trip, if we knew we were going to a specialty restaurant on a given night, we warned our waiter in advance.

The concept of giving your table away applies to My Time dining.  With my time dining you have 15 minutes after your reservation to present yourself at the host/hostess stand.  If you don't make it your table is made available for someone without a reservation who has My Time dining but didn't make reservations.

With traditional dining (early or late seating) you are expected to be at the table at the time provided with a small grace period.  If you don't show up on time your seat will be empty.  If you are at a shared table with other cruisers their meal service will begin shortly after the posted time.  They are not going to force everyone to sit and wait for you - those people have shows and other plans that require meal service to operate on schedule.  They don't allow stragglers because then the wait staff are trying to manage different guests at different stages of their meal plus it's awkward for any table mates to be eating their meal when you have nothing in front of you because you were late and just ordered.  

If you are the type (like my step daughter) who simply can never be on time no matter how much we push her, then My Time without reservations may be more suitable but you may have to wait if you try to visit My Time dining during peak times.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bfloluci2 said:

so I read that you can make reservations for MYTime dining in advance? Like I am going on the Anthem for 9 nights this October...Can I make reservations for a  6 PM dinner for the entire 9 nights all in advance??

Yes, you can assuming that time slot is available.  9:00 shouldn’t be a problem.