Venice airport transfer

Hi first time fly cruising on Rhapsody of the seas Greek islands in June. I was wondering what my options are on the final day having just received flights and transfer tickets today. It says we disembarked the ship at 10.00 am and taxi transfer to Marco polo airport for a 18.50 flight back to London I don't fancy 8 hours at the airport . 

I would look into the express bus from Piazza Roma to the airport. The piazza is a short walk from the cruise terminal (or shorter monorail ride), and I am pretty sure there is a luggage storage area there if you want to spend a few hours in Venice. There is not much to do outside of security at the airport, when we had to kill 4 hours there last year, we just sat on our luggage and connected to the free wifi until we could check our luggage (about 3 hours before flight). 

When we cruised Europe, there was always a last day excursion that usually toured the city and then dropped you off at the airport.  When you book these excursions, you don't need to buy the extra transfer from the ship to the airport; it is built in to the excursion price.  The excursion description usually states that it is appropriate only if your air departure is later than a specific time (like 3PM).  If you are already committed to paying for the ship-airport transfer, this is something to keep in mind for your next trip.

6 hours ago, Paulh said:

Hi first time fly cruising on Rhapsody of the seas Greek islands in June. I was wondering what my options are on the final day having just received flights and transfer tickets today. It says we disembarked the ship at 10.00 am and taxi transfer to Marco polo airport for a 18.50 flight back to London I don't fancy 8 hours at the airport . 

There is a post cruise excursion offered through RCCL.  I think it gets you back to the airport around 14.00. That would cut the time at the airport a bit. You can check it out on the cruise planner section. 

We just got back from this cruise a few days ago. They don`t tell you that they get you off the ship at 9am then for late flights the transfer to the airport does not leave until the afternoon. There is a "tent" on the dockside where the unlucky ones wait in the heat for 4-5 hours for the transfer. But the airport is full of post cruise folks with bags waiting to check in anyway and no fun either with your bags. Two options.

Leave luggage at the cruise terminal 5 euros per item then walk into Venice from the terminal ( 15 mins) and spend the time in Venice before going to Airport by their transfer or more flexibly by taxi OR get to the airport yourself eg by taxi and then leave luggage there and get boat to Murano  https://www.alilaguna.it/en ( or back to venice, or the lido) and send the day there. 

We had planned to go to the airport then back on the boat but didn`t know about the long wait fro the transfer bus so left luggage and walked into Venice. Some unlucky ones spent 4 hours on teh dockside under the tent !!