Oasis Of the Seas 9-16 June (Med cruise)

Traveler

26 minutes ago, Traveler said:

do it yourself burger option

Here you .for 5 to 6 Hamburgers  :

2 Lb of ground beef , it should have some fat , but you can decide how much.
3 spoons of brad cramps.
3-5 spoons of Mozzarella shredded cheese , that will  add both flavor and also will keep the burger not too dense.
Dash of salt and paper

One  or two spoon of cold sparkling water (not a must)

, that is it.

Put all the ingredient in one bawl and start to knead for a minutes , not too much but enough for the the ingredient to bland together. 

Use a form or a burger presser , if you do not have one you can use your hands to shape the patty. 

On a hot pan , cook each side for 4-5 minutes , the last minute each side cover the pan for evenly cook. 
much better than JR ? 

4 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Here you .for 5 to 6 Hamburgers  :

2 Lb of ground beef , it should have some fat , but you can decide how much.
3 spoons of brad cramps.
3-5 spoons of Mozzarella shredded cheese , that will  add both flavor and also will keep the burger not too dense.
Dash of salt and paper

One  or two spoon of cold sparkling water (not a must)

, that is it.

Put all the ingredient in one bawl and start to knead for a minutes , not too much but enough for the the ingredient to bland together. 

Use a form or a burger presser , if you do not have one you can use your hands to shape the patty. 

On a hot pan , cook each side for 4-5 minutes , the last minute each side cover the pan for evenly cook. 
much better than JR ? 

Will try this on hubby.

The M&M is on the last day as it's the only sea day.  Every other day you are up and out too early to have it.  Personally, don't think it's worth it and we won't be bothering signing up on ours.  May hit up the roll call just to get ideas for excursions and such in Palma de Mallorca & Provance.

We are in a Central Park balcony for Allure, and I expect our complimentary specialty lunch will be nuts on our only sea day.  At least we get a choice of more than just JR, so that will split up all the people looking to reserve on the same day.  We're on 3 weeks after the refurb, so curious as to how our choices will change.

4 hours ago, KathyC said:

The M&M is on the last day as it's the only sea day.  Every other day you are up and out too early to have it.  Personally, don't think it's worth it and we won't be bothering signing up on ours.  May hit up the roll call just to get ideas for excursions and such in Palma de Mallorca & Provance.

We are in a Central Park balcony for Allure, and I expect our complimentary specialty lunch will be nuts on our only sea day.  At least we get a choice of more than just JR, so that will split up all the people looking to reserve on the same day.  We're on 3 weeks after the refurb, so curious as to how our choices will change.

I found out that lately you find more activity in the Facebook group for a cruise than on the role call.

Day 8 - back to Barcelona ? 

We woke up at 5:30 am , much to early but we had a flight to catch at 9:25 and we wanted to play it safe. quick breakfast and WJ (which was open from 5:30 AM) and a coffee from the coffee machine in the diamond club. we finish to pack the leftovers and started our way with the suitcases to the embarkation gate.from the time we left the room to the time we took the taxi it was less ten minutes, another 20 minutes and we were at the airport just to find that check in counters were not even open (yes , we could spend another hour sleeping). Check in was done 30 minutes after and we waited to catch our flight for our connection. Connection was way too long , but we decided we both will work during the connection time so we can catch before coming to office. at 2 am we landed back home , tired but happy  to return home.

Few things we learned during this cruise :

1. Even if it is the fifth time we are doing this route there is always something else to see.
2. No need to be afraid taking a cruise for a ship that is due to refurbished , the ship looked great.
3. If you know what you want to do in port  you can save allot of money doing it without RCL, we done the Cinque  Tere by our own which cost us 38$ comparing to 120-130 RCL wanted , we went to Rome using a bus and a train which cost us around 30 $ comparing to 60$ RCL wanted for transfer , we could even made it 20$ if we did not missed the train. There is a free shuttle in Marseilles port gate comparing to the 20 $ shuttle that RCL is offering. Many other examples ,  One exception will be if you want to see Florence, its just too far to take any risk.
4. No issue to take early flight from Barcelona , the ship most of the time arrives way before the official time.
5. It was the first time we have done self embarkation , it was very easy and smooth and we will try it again. 
6. Its bad tell people at work you will be available if needed , people do not know to decide what is real emergency ...
7.We need at least one more sea days to enjoy the ship.
8. We love Oasis class , can not wait for the new Oasis ship.
9. Cats is not becoming better when you watch it for the second time.
10. Drinking package dose not make much sense with Med cruises without sea days.
11.  Always do a WJ recon , you never know what you will find.
12. 7 days is not enough , 10 days or B2B should be considered ?

It was another fun experience , thank you for following. See you next time  over Rhapsody at the end of August and Spectrum of the Seas during October.  

34 minutes ago, Traveler said:

6. Its bad tell people at work you will be available if needed , people do not know to decide what is real emergency ...

This x1000.

Thanks for another fun and enjoyable live blog! Loved all the photos, definitely have to get to the Med sometime in the next few years. Maybe when one of the girls graduates college...

12 hours ago, Traveler said:

I found out that lately you find more activity in the Facebook group for a cruise than on the role call.

I'm very weary about joining FB roll call groups.  I'm not a fan of letting people know that I'm away from my home, even with the security we have and often there are still people in the home...I just don't like strangers knowing we are away.  FB has real names, real locations, even pictures of our home that makes us an easy target, IMHO.  Anyone can join a group pretending to be on a cruise, just to stalk for robbery.  I don't even like posting on the Periscoper roll call that we are traveling.  Anyone who really wants to find me can, but I don't want to make it easier. I know groups don't have access to my page based on my security settings, but people who know how can easy hack through that.  I'm a bit paranoid, I know...

8 minutes ago, KathyC said:

I'm very weary about joining FB roll call groups.  I'm not a fan of letting people know that I'm away from my home, even with the security we have and often there are still people in the home...I just don't like strangers knowing we are away.  FB has real names, real locations, even pictures of our home that makes us an easy target, IMHO.  Anyone can join a group pretending to be on a cruise, just to stalk for robbery.  I don't even like posting on the Periscoper roll call that we are traveling.  Anyone who really wants to find me can, but I don't want to make it easier. I know groups don't have access to my page based on my security settings, but people who know how can easy hack through that.  I'm a bit paranoid, I know...

I tend to agree with you and have been told by a policeman that many criminals using it as a tool. Maybe creating an alternate profile can help here. 

• 2 weeks later...

So some updates:

As I have not drive to Milan to pick my forgotten cellphone (we had much better time going to Cinque Terre) I been able to retrieve it last week which was good. Although I got alternative phone with the same numbers still for some reason some of my pictures were not transferred to the cloud so it's good I got them now. (Including some very valuable cruise pictures) . If you using Google photos , check if the backup is working from time to time.

Anyway as our next cruise is almost two months from know (Greek Islands) we decided to take my father's offer to join the for a long weekend in other par of Greece (so I can do so e research before the cruise and taste the local cousin , plus to find a good resturant for @mom2mybugs in Athens ? )

Here are so e pictures from Pielon Greece if anyone looks for a shore excursion ? . Although it's a sea it's feels more like a lake  , clear clean water

20190629_123550(0)-1008x756.thumb.jpg.d95e87637327a750d7325a7424c6a560.jpg

20190629_095550-1008x756.thumb.jpg.4f4ed069502cbc1012dfcc0aa34c57c9.jpg

20190628_205051-1008x756.thumb.jpg.aa692d0088e1967fc9e6a751b48451c7.jpg

On 6/14/2019 at 4:54 PM, Traveler said:

UIDay 5 part 2 

So we arrived enough time before we needed to go to the chef table. We booked it on the ship on day 1 , when we have asked if there is any offer they told us 20% and been told it's 20% as it's only day one and they have only spots for day 4 and 5 . We booked it for day 4 which became day 5 as most of the people canceled for day 4 . The chef table take place at a strange location - it's inside the suite lounge across from the bar near the CK. Not the best location but Ok we did not mind. It was us and a family from Madrid that did not spoke English but we got alone after the the third glass ?. Food was good as always and they kept fillings the glasses if you  allow them. 

We started with the scallop carpaccio 

20190613_194459-1008x756.thumb.jpg.92188830017bf00dcddfe3f5229e1c75.jpg

Continued with the amizing smoke tomato soap which came in a big bowl but we finish every last drop of it.

20190613_200651-1008x756.thumb.jpg.7fecad8a9fce27c4c4a7dad7a6c2b464.jpg

Next was the shrimp salad  that replaced the lobster one I thought it was it was better  , maybe because all the wine I consumed until this point.

20190613_202419-1008x756.thumb.jpg.86dd451aa2f976088ae83ad9812bb3d3.jpg

The truffle spaghetti followed , it was my second one for today , but this one with truffle oil so different.

20190613_204253-1008x756.thumb.jpg.51eb7331ae72c16efcc8db3053c43411.jpg

For main course we both took the fillet it was amazing and came with truffle mushed potatoes.

20190613_211628-1008x756.thumb.jpg.125fed3fe7d4367d59d34bd3ef69abb4.jpg

At this stage I was already heaving food comma but could not leave  it in the plate.

For dessert we got the famous chocolate sphere I could only take one spoon of it no more although it was quite good.

20190613_215444-1008x756.thumb.jpg.613fc01e31698af1d6f753f419471297.jpg

20190613_215504-1008x756.thumb.jpg.ee6280750faadfcd2af054c1211f1c8c.jpg

That came with chocolate martini

20190613_215902-756x1008.thumb.jpg.d6a1b8174ddb3fbcd9ae2560747933cf.jpg

All and all it was a good experience which I might do again next time , but maybe a day of fast before 

This is the same menu we had on freedom for chefs table a year ago.  I am sure we will love it again on vision this summer but I wish they would change up the menu once a year.  I will be curious if the wine pairings will be similar to the last time! Jane

On 6/17/2019 at 7:48 AM, FManke said:

I have never understood the fascination with red velvet cake personally. It's just chocolate cake with a ton of red food color. Just me

Uh oh....do not say this to @Sweety! I personally hunt out any chocolate period....red velvet or no lol!   Jane

4 hours ago, Traveler said:

So some updates:

As I have not drive to Milan to pick my forgotten cellphone (we had much better time going to Cinque Terre) I been able to retrieve it last week which was good. Although I got alternative phone with the same numbers still for some reason some of my pictures were not transferred to the cloud so it's good I got them now. (Including some very valuable cruise pictures) . If you using Google photos , check if the backup is working from time to time.

Anyway as our next cruise is almost two months from know (Greek Islands) we decided to take my father's offer to join the for a long weekend in other par of Greece (so I can do so e research before the cruise and taste the local cousin , plus to find a good resturant for @mom2mybugs in Athens ? )

Here are so e pictures from Pielon Greece if anyone looks for a shore excursion ? . Although it's a sea it's feels more like a lake  , clear clean water

So did you find one?    I think we have time in Florence and Athens to eat on our own!  Thanks again for all your blogs....they are so interesting to read.  What I should be doing is pasting all your answers into a file!  I keep wondering questions, know you have already answered them and then can’t find the answers!  Jane

On 6/29/2019 at 11:02 PM, mom2mybugs said:

So did you find one?    I think we have time in Florence and Athens to eat on our own!  Thanks again for all your blogs....they are so interesting to read.  What I should be doing is pasting all your answers into a file!  I keep wondering questions, know you have already answered them and then can’t find the answers!  Jane

Hi yes , 

Actually we went back to the same restaurant we visited  a year ago when we visit Athens with Rhapsody , the name is Dia Tauta  address is  Adrianou 37, Athina 105 55  , near the Acropolis  (https://diatauta.com/en/) , we liked it since not many other restaurants they   bake the Moussaka on the spot , but there are tons of other good restaurants around this area .