Will Royal change more Allure itineraries?

Whats everyones thought on December Allure sailings?  They have not changed anything yet, but unless they are planning a repair I have not seen, I don't see how they couldn't change the itinerary.  Anyone have insider info? Thoughts?  We are considering switching to another ship/sailing to avoid this issue.  Yes I know that ports can change at any time, but trying to get ahead of this one since its expected and not a one off thing.

Thanks!! 

1 hour ago, hsweat22 said:

Whats everyones thought on December Allure sailings?  They have not changed anything yet, but unless they are planning a repair I have not seen, I don't see how they couldn't change the itinerary.  Anyone have insider info? Thoughts?  We are considering switching to another ship/sailing to avoid this issue.  Yes I know that ports can change at any time, but trying to get ahead of this one since its expected and not a one off thing.

Thanks!! 

I think you are spot on.. They most likely will have to change it because Allure won't be repaired until it goes into dry dock in Europe.. So if Itinerary is very important to you I would switch now. 

59 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I think you are spot on.. They most likely will have to change it because Allure won't be repaired until it goes into dry dock in Europe.. So if Itinerary is very important to you I would switch now. 

I am not typically that person.....a cruise is better than no cruise!  But we booked this specific sailing due to the stop in St Thomas.  If its not going to make it there, we can easily go on another sailing that does or pick another route all together.

55 minutes ago, hsweat22 said:

I am not typically that person.....a cruise is better than no cruise!  But we booked this specific sailing due to the stop in St Thomas.  If its not going to make it there, we can easily go on another sailing that does or pick another route all together.

I think if you really want St. Thomas that you should think about a different ship because there really is no guarantee it will make it there with its current Azipod problems.. And I don't think you are being a complainer. I think you are being smart and proactive. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Moths ago I switched from an October sailing to November 3 because of the propulsion/schedule/itinerary issue to ensure i would be in St Thomas and St Kitts and made my final payment 2 days ago which is about 1 1/2  weeks early. Just found out this morning that it's now St Thomas first instead of St Kitts  and San Juan second on the thurs that would have been St Thomas . So I'm still getting my St Thomas but was really looking forward to St. Kitts and don't know if San Juan is a reasonable substitute. The change is so recent that the RCI site isn't even accurate yet , discrepancies between shore excursions and itinerary still as well as other sites like Vacations to Go haven't updated either .