Teen Club

Im not sure how many other teens use this website but for anyone really, do you think the teen club is any good? Ive been on one cruise and am hooked and want to go on more, I went on freedom of the seas on Caribbean cruise. I was tired all the time due to excursions and swimming and all that stuff. I wonder if I should have tried to do more things in the teen club?

Not a teen but can offer this:

Another user is boarding Anthem this week.  They posted the schedule of teen activities in their live blog:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/12964-anthem-of-the-seas-june-6-9-night-bermuda-ol-8720-sc/&do=findComment&comment=128198

Different ship but gives you an idea of the sort of things to expect.  

I have heard from some participants that going on the first day and meeting other teens is better than trying to go mid-cruise for the first time.  By going on day one you meet people and get to know them a little versus going mid-cruise when certain teens or groups have already made friends and are hanging out with each other then when you appear you are the stranger popping in.  

My DD's refused to go to the teen club on our last cruise.  Last day of the cruise my oldest went and loved it.  She was sorry she did not take advantage of the Teen Club.  She plans to do more next week on HOS.  She is about to age out at the end of the summer.

I will add my daughter has sailed 4 times now aged 12 to 16 and has loved the teen clubs every time.  She made friends she still snaps 4 years later.  Definitely go the first night!   She would do port stuff with us and hang with her new friends on sea days and after dinner.  Let us know @FreedomClassKid if you have any other questions.  Jane

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Trying to convince my 12 (almost 13) year old to give it a try on Anthem next month. She doesn’t want to because she won’t know anyone. Trying to convince her to at least go to the meet&greet on Night 1.

Once I persuaded mine to go that first night I would never see her!  But I’m always a wreck hoping she goes.  I know she has a better time with the kids than us.  She is planning on meeting a couple of them from last March in a couple weeks at the amusement park!  Makes me happy!   Now my son on the other hand wasn’t a fan but he is much more a loner.  Jane

My kids have done cruises both in the teen club and not.  My oldest loved the teen club but she has now aged out of it, my 2nd can take or leave the teen club, my 3rd doesn't like it.  Each cruise is different and you won't know if you like it unless you try it. I agree the key is to go the first night.

Actually, I will kinda be happy when my kid is 18 and the teen center isn't something to plan around, although I love the alone time with my husband too!  Right now we have to eat early "just in case" Madison has plans with other teens.  Most of the time on Allure, she ditched us anyway unless we had specialty dining planned and we had to eat that by 6 so she could meet at 8.  On our Europe trip this summer, we don't want to eat early every night, but are still hoping that at least one or two teens will be on the ship for her to meet...and thus we are back at 630/7 (depending on the port).  It's a fwp struggle lol!  Jane

On 6/6/2019 at 10:01 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Trying to convince my 12 (almost 13) year old to give it a try on Anthem next month. She doesn’t want to because she won’t know anyone. Trying to convince her to at least go to the meet&greet on Night 1.

I'm trying to convince my 14 year old as well for our cruise on Allure next month. She says the same exact thing. If you have any luck in the convincing department, please let me know what did the trick!

10 hours ago, GatorGal said:

I'm trying to convince my 14 year old as well for our cruise on Allure next month. She says the same exact thing. If you have any luck in the convincing department, please let me know what did the trick!

I told mine she'd be stuck going dancing with her dad and I!  She decided the teen club sounded great!  Jane