Luggage drop off time

Levi

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster, going on my first cruise in December on Oasis out of Miami. My question is about luggage drop off which I understand can be done via porters at Terminal A, but how early can that be done?

My flight gets in at 6AM and it would be nice to be able to drop off my luggage at the Miami terminal and then walk around without it to kill a few hours, but can't seem to find how early they accept baggage. Any advice appreciated!

Welcome to the message boards!

Landing at 6am, getting luggage by 6:30am and heading to port will likely put you there around or before 7:30am which is too early.  Everyone at that point is focused on getting luggage off the ship at that hour.  

9am is even pushing it but they might accept luggage.  Typically check in opens around 10am. 

Thank you so much! I knew check-in didn't begin until around 10 but had hoped maybe to leave my luggage, ah well. We'll tour Miami a bit. On the flip side I see Terminal A is approx. 8.6 miles from the airport, and that's about a 3 hour walk, and I do have wheels on my suitcase. 

Thanks again.