Gratuities

If you do not pre-pay your gratuities, you will be charged each night for gratuities for each person in your stateroom. These charges go to your SeaPass account. At the end of the cruise, Royal Caribbean charges your credit card on file the amount your SeaPass account has racked up.

These gratuities go towards your stateroom attendant and dining room staff.

25 minutes ago, deany said:

I have a drinks package so how can they make me pay?

When you buy a drink package, they will charge you a service fee that covers gratuity for any and all drinks you order with the drink package.

29 minutes ago, deany said:

My drinks package was included. Will i end up paying the 18% of each drink i order? 

Ive read its 14.50 each day is that correct 

The 14.50 each day per person covers the dining staff (main dining room and all complimentary venues) as well as your room steward. The 18% gratuity you paid for your drink package covers the bar staff only. 

5 hours ago, deany said:

My drinks package was included. Will i end up paying the 18% of each drink i order? 

Ive read its 14.50 each day is that correct 

If your drink package was included, the gratuities for your drinks are also already covered.

Separately, there's the gratuities for everything else (all the dining staff, room steward, cleaning crews, etc.).  Those are $14.50 per person per day (or $17.50 if you are sailing in a Grand Suite or better).  You can prepay them or they will be added to your onboard account each day.

Sometimes you may get a bill for something that has "0" as total but also contains a line for an additional tip.  That is additional - as was previously stated, the beverage package price included an 18% tip. (And the coffee card or the soda package....) But, if you believe in tipping 20% for good service instead of 18% (in many states servers earn below minimum wage), then you could add a little extra at your discretion.  This may come up not only with drinks but with specialty dining when you use a "voucher/coupon" provided by your travel agent or by RCI because of the class of stateroom you booked.  The 18% gratuities are already paid for the "free" meal