Lemons to Lemonade

I am not sure where our August cruise will be re-routed to but I am traveling with a friend and we decided that we would rather be a ship with more to do since we can't go to Cuba.  Knowing that my travel agent would be busy and that our vacation dates are locked in, I started looking for options.  I could not believe that I found a grand suite on Harmony for our dates that was actually less than an inside cabin on that cruise and was only a few hundred more per person than our Majesty sailing.  So for around $300 each, we are now cruising in a grand suite on a seven day cruise instead of a 5 day cruise in a junior suite.  I'd still rather be heading to Cuba, but being a southern girl, I squeezed the lemons and added some simple syrup.  I am sure we will have a great time.  The itinerary is not perfect, but it does stop at Coco Cay.

By the way, Sharla from MEI is our agent and she has been fabulous to work with.  I was afraid the deal I found was a glitch in the system and asked her to book it fast, and she grabbed it for us!

I agree that it sounds too good to be true!  I was truly shocked, but glad we able to book it.  The price for the grand suite is now showing $1000 pp more than we booked it yesterday afternoon.  My best guess is that there was some type of computer glitch that happened to work in our favor this time.

2 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

I am not sure where our August cruise will be re-routed to but I am traveling with a friend and we decided that we would rather be a ship with more to do since we can't go to Cuba.  Knowing that my travel agent would be busy and that our vacation dates are locked in, I started looking for options.  I could not believe that I found a grand suite on Harmony for our dates that was actually less than an inside cabin on that cruise and was only a few hundred more per person than our Majesty sailing.  So for around $300 each, we are now cruising in a grand suite on a seven day cruise instead of a 5 day cruise in a junior suite.  I'd still rather be heading to Cuba, but being a southern girl, I squeezed the lemons and added some simple syrup.  I am sure we will have a great time.  The itinerary is not perfect, but it does stop at Coco Cay.

By the way, Sharla from MEI is our agent and she has been fabulous to work with.  I was afraid the deal I found was a glitch in the system and asked her to book it fast, and she grabbed it for us!

Sharla is my agent too and great to work with.  There was nothing for me to change to since we cruise in a week.  We are just gonna have the best cruise anyway!  Glad everything worked out so awesome for you.  Jane