Is this a Cozumel family friendly excursions?

heyyeahyoyou

Family and I are going to Cozumel, Grand Caymans, and Jamaica in September. Our kids are ages 7.5 and 2 during time of cruise. This will be the kids first cruise, but my wife and I's second cruise. I remember going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel with wife on our honeymoon and it was a little weird, lol... I'm a hypochondriac so I kept thinking the worst would happen to us. With kids, I'm even more hypochondriac crazy. I think we will just stick with RC approved excursions. So with that being said, my question is: has anyone did the following excursion here before? My wife wants to do the Mayan thing, and there is a 1.5 hour beach break, so that will be great for the kids. Just wondering if it would be good with a 2 year old???

If not, what are some other family activities that RC provides? We are just fine booking at a day at the beach. I'm wondering does RC have that activity, what's the best way of finding these excursions?

Best way to find excursions is to look in your cruise planner, and see what's offered for your sailing.  Then, you can go to Trip Advisor and see what others thought.  

Jamaica is not the greatest, IMHO, and is a good day to enjoy the ship.  Not a lot of people get off except to explore the port area.  Not sure which ship you are on, but it's nice to enjoy the popular activities with less lines.

Grand Cayman, you gotta bring the kids to see the turtle farm.  

Cozumel is safe to walk around the town, so that's a nice place for the kids.  Go to the blog part of this site, and search Cozumel in the box on the upper right.  Matt has lots of family-friendly recommendations.  (You can do the same thing for the other ports as well.) 

Concur with the turtle farm. We did that, and there was also a man-made snorkel area with a beach.  We enjoyed the family experience there.  I believe food was extra.

When the kids are teens, they may enjoy climbing Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica.  It is risky in the sense of falling in cold water or scraping legs and knees on rocks, so save that for a later date.

I wouldn't have taken my 2 year old on a Mayan tour and a scenic (ie boring) bus ride but thats me.  It just seems like misery to my family but you know your family best so it might be good for you.  Personally, I would suggest the Playa Mia beach break.  It is offered from RC but I did in on my own for cheaper and spent more time thee.  However, since you want an RC excursion I would suggest that.  It has a decent beach but a great splash area for the 2 year old.  You can take your 7 yo on the inflatables in the ocean which is really fun too.  You can look directly on the Playa Mia website for pictures.  

Instead of taking a ship excursion, you might consider taking a taxi to Chankanaab National Park .  Has a little something for all in the family.  Do a search on tripadvisor..   I've been a few times but not recently.  Always had a good time and it appears it'd has a number of spots for the kids..  Oh, it'd also save some bucks by doing on your own.. There's always taxi's there for your return trip back to port.