snorkeling coco cay

luvdawater

I have been to Coco Cay several times in the past . I love to snorkel on my own . On my last trip to the island in the beginning of May 2019 ,  my favorite area to snorkel was roped off .  I enjoy snorkeling near the rock breakwater and over the rocks and coral ( to the far left if you are facing out to the water) .  The only area available was the grassy area where a few manmade structures are . Has anyone else experienced this ? Is it permanent ?  Thanks for any feedback .

I had the same experience.  I believe the rope is a safety feature.  A few years ago I, the kayakers, and the scuba divers all had difficulty returning to the beach due to a strong current.  I haven't spoken to any RCI staff, however.

Okay thanks, l hope that is the reason and not permanent due to the expansion of excursions at the island. Anyone snorkel over the coral after the beginning of last month? We are heading there again in October and I would like to make other plans if that area isn’t available for snorkeling anymore.