A New List Of Sailings......

How many ships do they need to sail to CocoCay? I'm starting to not like this CocoCay Perfect day taking away other ports of call.  I for one will not sail on any under 6 days as it's not financial smart since i have to include airfare.  So Perfect Day is out for me unless it falls into a 6 or more day sailing.

2 minutes ago, mworkman said:

How many ships do they need to sail to CocoCay? I'm starting to not like this CocoCay Perfect day taking away other ports of call.  I for one will not sail on any under 6 days as it's not financial smart since i have to include airfare.  So Perfect Day is out for me unless it falls into a 6 or more day sailing.

Many of the Oasis Class are doing 7NT sailings including CocoCay. I do agree though that it is slight overkill.

5 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I completely agree with you. It seems they are trying to recoup their entire investment this year!

I think this was a foregone conclusion.  If they can get a ship to Perfect Day they will.  Once Freeport is "Perfectized" I suspect we'll see lot of stops there too. 

Fortunately Perfect Day looks pretty awesome.  The Oasis Lagoon pool alone is a huge draw with it's swim up bar.  I'm going to try the zip line and balloon once but most visits for me will be the low cost version. 

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

I think this was a foregone conclusion.  If they can get a ship to Perfect Day they will.  Once Freeport is "Perfectized" I suspect we'll see lot of stops there too. 

Fortunately Perfect Day looks pretty awesome.  The Oasis Lagoon pool alone is a huge draw with it's swim up bar.  I'm going to try the zip line and balloon once but most visits for me will be the low cost version. 

CocoCay was awesome. If I had sunk a quarter of a billion dollars you can bet I’d be trying to get everyone there. Especially if I was looking to convince my shareholders that I should spend that amount on myriad other islands. 

2 hours ago, Nicolas LaBarre said:

I completely agree with you. It seems they are trying to recoup their entire investment this year!

So why couldn’t they send majesty there instead of Nassau next week lol??  Might I add there are 4 other ships there that day including symphony I think.  Didn’t look to see if cococay already had two...I’m already sad enough!,! Jane

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I will be going to Coco Cay five times this year and six times next year. If Majesty and Empress have cheaper fares, the number of times will increase.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:11 PM, Nicolas LaBarre said:

If you dock at a port you own, no dockage fees. Might be a drop on the bucket, but over time, it sure adds up.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:03 PM, mworkman said:

O class is doing either CocoCay or Labadee, just watch the itineraries.  We are going to alternate CocoCay and Labadee so that we are doing the same place back to back.

$200 for the New water park, you can well imagine how much money they will be raking in just for that one attraction That's not including Cabanas the other excursions jet skis you name it that island is their big moneymaker!

Oasis in December is visiting Labadee.  Queen of Oasis class and freshly AMPED in the fall yet no visits to Perfect Day.  In fact it's only when she reaches the Big Apple that she starts calling on Perfect Day.  

The modified Empress/Majesty (no-Cuba) itineraries pick up a few visits to Perfect Day but not all itineraries do.  Just so happens my former Cuba itinerary in October will be Key West and Nassau, no Perfect Day.  

I've acquired a handful of Empress and Majesty sailings over the next few months given the lower rates and no single supplement and less than half visit Perfect Day. 

To be honest I attribute the increased ship visits to the pier.  If (gasp) Perfect Day hadn't occurred and only the pier was completed I suspect the end result would have been the same.  More visits because they can with a pier where they couldn't in the past.