Ok...moving on to nassau

mom2mybugs

Ok... Cruise planner has nothing yet but I will now be spending June 18 in Nassau instead of Havana.  I'm terribly disappointed that we aren't going, and also disappointed that we aren't doing cococay.  Oh well, time to make lemonade!  We don't want to do Atlantis I'm sure as we will have 3 days in fort Lauderdale on the beach when we go back.  I know Matt enjoyed the airplane simulator but that's not our thing.  Where should we walk and what should we do?  Counting on my fellow bloggers to dry my years and keep me excited :)!!!!!  Jane

Take a look at https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/nassau-453.html to get an idea of what there is to see walking around and design something that interests you and your family.  

I like to eat, so I look for food tours:  https://www.trubahamianfoodtours.com/  This one has a good rating and if I ever go back on a non-Oasis class ship, I would probably try it out.

Not sure what you like to do....however, did you mention you had not been to Nassau before?

Either way, there are lots of shops to visit..both high end and the straw market where you can barter. There are a number of restaurants as well along the waterfront area.

Junkanoo beach is a free beach to visit and a must stop for me each time I have been there...(like 10x now).......cheap drinks there....Fish fry area is about another 10 minute walk or so past that if you like the seafood thing.

We tried a snorkeling excursion once, but it was November so the water was cold.  Should be great about now.  The straw market is worth checking out, but remember there about 100 stalls all carrying similar items.  So you will need to search to find something unique and not imported.  We had friends who enjoyed renting bicycles....

4 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

When we did a cruise to Nassau years ago, we walked from the ship to the Queen's staircase.  Still one of my favorite family pictures.  Since you have mentioned that you are active, you may enjoy the walk.  

This is the thing I’m thinking about doing, this then maybe the fort and rum distillery and call it a day.  We have 3 beach days in fort laud after the cruise so I’d rather not do that.  Of course! All is contingent on my ankle I sprained Monday getting better!  Jane

2 hours ago, Skid said:

A week to go...how is your ankle?

Thank you so much for asking!  It would be wonderful if I could stay off it and ice it!!!!   It is still swollen and still hurts but I can at least move.  Have begin taking prescription strength Aleve!  I figure the best thing for it will be a deck chair and 2 girls to wait on me!!!!!  Jane