CocoCay and People with Bad Feet :)

Ok I admit, funny Title :) it wrote itself :). Seriously.. I cant be the only one that has bad Feet. It really hurts me to walk without shoes. For those of you who have similar Foot issues and have been to COCO Cay how did you manage? Is the ground hard? Any padding? If I stick my shoes in a locker to ride the slides, will I need to go get it before moving to like lets say the wave pool area etc??

4 minutes ago, JennyB said:

what kind do you have? we've never used water shoes, but we have looked at some for our upcoming cruises...

They weren't cheap, the brand is Merrell, but I figured I could were them other places (Which I have).

6 minutes ago, JennyB said:

what kind do you have? we've never used water shoes, but we have looked at some for our upcoming cruises...

I found a pair of Speedo water shoes on clearance at Costco..I wasn't expecting much for $4.97 but they were surprisingly comfortable.  I wear them as casual shoes for my cruise, not just during water activities as I found them that comfortable.  I tend to slip and slide wearing flip-flops and these didn't slip on wet surfaces at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Speedo-Womens-Lightweight-Breathable-Water/dp/B07CYLL1MQ

I know a lot of people swear by the Keen brand water sneaker/sandals but I find those rub on my feet and toes too much and aren't comfortable.

20 hours ago, Clear Laker said:

Type water shoes into Google or Amazon.   you will be amazed at what is available at any price point.

I thought Water Shoes weren't allowed in the slides? My family and I purchased the Waterpark passes so figure I have to stick my sandals in a locker and be stuck in barefeet while I ride the slides.  Was wondering if anyone had a better solution or if anyone had suggestions.

Correct, water shoes can't be worn on slides.  They are worn to get to where you are going, on the beach, in the beach water, etc.  Around the ship, they are probably safer than flip flops, but each person has his or her preference.

You can not wear flip-flops on the water slides.  They make you take them off and hold them in your hands as you go down the water slide.  Those that wore a tight fitting thin soled water shoe were allowed to keep them on.  I wish I had known this before going to CocoCay, as I would have definitely got some thin water shoes to wear continuously.

The paver brick paths you walk on are not bad, and the sand had small bits of sharp coral in it.  I would have greatly appreciated having thin water shoes to walk all around Thrill waterpark.

Use water shoes and just remove before going on the slides - hold in your hand on the way down. Saw many areas on the steps where there was blood from people who had cut their feet somewhere along the way, very unsanitary. Very much recommend some sort of foot wear.

• 2 years later...