MDR? My time Dining? Confused

All

I am due to travel on Oasis next week and cannot wait. 

When I book my time Dining what am I booking and where am I eating? I've just got the app and it states Silks, Grande & American Icon are all Main Dining. 

I'm confused. How many eateries are included in the price of the cruise?

1 hour ago, deany said:

All

I am due to travel on Oasis next week and cannot wait. 

When I book my time Dining what am I booking and where am I eating? I've just got the app and it states Silks, Grande & American Icon are all Main Dining. 

I'm confused. How many eateries are included in the price of the cruise?

Silks, Grande & American Icon are all considered the Main Dining Room.  They all serve the same menu, just one is on Deck 3, one Deck 4, and one Deck 5.  One of them will be reserved for My Time Dining and the other two are typically for the set dining times.

Eating in any of the main dining rooms is included in the price of the cruise.  They will serve breakfast and lunch in the main dining rooms sometimes as well which is included.

The buffet is included and will be open for breakfast lunch and dinner.  It's called Windjammer and will be on Deck 16.

Park Cafe is included.  It's located in Central Park and will offer breakfast and lunch.

Johnny Rockets is included for breakfast only (you pay for lunch and dinner).  It is located on the Boardwalk.

Doghouse is included and usually open lunch hours til around 6pm on the Boardwalk.

Wipeout Cafe is located up on the pool deck and will have breakfast and lunch available and is included.

Solarium Bistro is in the Solarium area and offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner which is included.  Dinner usually requires reservations.

Sorrentos Pizza and Promenade Cafe are on the Promenade and have near 24-hour service and are included.

Vitality Cafe which will be located near the gym/spa area..they have fresh juices and smoothies which are included in the drink package  as long as you don't add the protein powder option to them.  They also have some light bite, fresh food items as well which will be complimentary.  The Cruise Compass will show ($) next to the Vitality Cafe, but that just indicates there is a charge for the juice/smoothies without a package.

-- In the cruise planner you should be able to reserve American Icon (I think that's the MTD MDR) and Solarium Bistro for dinner.

Edited by AshleyDillo
Vitality Cafe edit

Is it like all inclusive or Full Board. I have a drinks package which was included and I think I understand how that works now. Something to do with a $12 limit. 

As you can have I've never been on a cruise before. I have also booked stuff that doesn't show on the app yet

6 minutes ago, deany said:

Is it like all inclusive or Full Board. I have a drinks package which was included and I think I understand how that works now. Something to do with a $12 limit. 

As you can have I've never been on a cruise before. I have also booked stuff that doesn't show on the app yet

With the drink package you can consider it pretty much all inclusive, the only thing that isn't included is the specialty restaurants like Chops and 150 CP, couple of others, you can Google them, Johnny Rockets is not as @AshleyDillo has already mentioned.

The $12 limit is really $13 on Oasis and you should not have any issues going over, usually it is calling an extra shot or a really expensive wine, everything else is usually right at the mark. Just ask the bartender, they are really good at telling you.

I don't remember if Oasis has a Starbucks but it isn't included but other specialty coffee areas are.

Don't put a lot of faith in the APP yet, log in and use the online cruise planner to see everything.

13 minutes ago, deany said:

For food, it's not really all inclusive or full board, but close!  There are things that are upcharges.  In the dining room there might be a fancier cut of steak offered for an upcharge.  There are some eateries that have a cover charge.  You will see it clearly marked on the menu and if you are even in doubt about something just ask! 

I recommend you go to https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=275 and browse the Cruise Compasses for some of the past Oasis cruises.  The Cruise Compass will be your schedule and "cheat sheet" of everything available on board.  You will see under the dining options that there are things listed with a ($) next to them which indicate that there is an additional charge.

Your drink package will cover most of the menu drinks.  Drink menus will have prices on them so you can see what the cost is..and like @tiny260 there's no harm in asking if it's covered under the package.  

Oasis does have a Starbucks and it is NOT included but they make fancy coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade and those will be included.

Keep coming back with questions!  We were all first-time cruises at one point!

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Silks, Grande & American Icon are all considered the Main Dining Room.  They all serve the same menu, just one is on Deck 3, one Deck 4, and one Deck 5.  One of them will be reserved for My Time Dining and the other two are typically for the set dining times.

Eating in any of the main dining rooms is included in the price of the cruise.  They will serve breakfast and lunch in the main dining rooms sometimes as well which is included.

The buffet is included and will be open for breakfast lunch and dinner.  It's called Windjammer and will be on Deck 16.

Park Cafe is included.  It's located in Central Park and will offer breakfast and lunch.

Johnny Rockets is included for breakfast only (you pay for lunch and dinner).  It is located on the Boardwalk.

Doghouse is included and usually open lunch hours til around 6pm on the Boardwalk.

Wipeout Cafe is located up on the pool deck and will have breakfast and lunch available and is included.

Solarium Bistro is in the Solarium area and offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner which is included.  Dinner usually requires reservations.

Sorrentos Pizza and Promenade Cafe are on the Promenade and have near 24-hour service and are included.

-- In the cruise planner you should be able to reserve American Icon (I think that's the MTD MDR) and Solarium Bistro for dinner.

somewhere,

sometime,

someone

needs to do a list like this for ALL the ships...this was the most helpful list for me the way it is worded and set up........and i am not even scheduled to be on the Oasis.  lol

52 minutes ago, deany said:

Thanks that's very helpful for me. Makes sense now. I have so many questions. It's hard to understand everything.

Welcome @deany!   This is the BEST place to get your answers.  Seriously...don't even think of checking the FB groups (unless it's the RC Blog group)...because well...just don't...but HERE is where you will find nice, non-judgmental, helpful answers for all your questions. 

I did forget one other option..Vitality Cafe which will be located near the gym/spa area..they have fresh juices and smoothies which are included in the drink package  as long as you don't add the protein powder option to them.  They also have some light bite, fresh food items as well which will be complimentary.  The Cruise Compass will show ($) next to the Vitality Cafe, but that just indicates there is a charge for the juice/smoothies without a package.

Going back and throwing that in my original eateries response.

Let me just add something about breakfast.  Two weeks ago on the Harmony, we found that the WindJammer backed up a lot due to the single-file entry requirement.  Thus, we started eating breakfast at the Solarium Bistro, which had no line or just a short one.  Johnny Rockets is available for breakfast, as has been mentioned, if you want wait service (no charge for breakfast), but I found the food wasn't hot enough for me, so I now prefer the Solarium Bistro.  Have fun!  You don't need to do everything on your first cruise, just go with the flow and enjoy.  Remember the Oasis has a lot of resources, like the intimate musical performances in Central Park in the late afternoon or evening...

6 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Let me just add something about breakfast.  Two weeks ago on the Harmony, we found that the WindJammer backed up a lot due to the single-file entry requirement.  Thus, we started eating breakfast at the Solarium Bistro, which had no line or just a short one.  Johnny Rockets is available for breakfast, as has been mentioned, if you want wait service (no charge for breakfast), but I found the food wasn't hot enough for me, so I now prefer the Solarium Bistro.  Have fun!  You don't need to do everything on your first cruise, just go with the flow and enjoy.  Remember the Oasis has a lot of resources, like the intimate musical performances in Central Park in the late afternoon or evening...

The Windjammer backup on Harmony is due to the handwashing stations.  They only have four of them so that holds things up.  Oasis doesn't have the handwashing stations (yet) so that shouldn't be a problem..but definitely take advantage of all of the options! 

There's a surprising number of free options for breakfast: MDR, Windjammer, Solarium Bistro, Johnny Rockets, Wipeout Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and even a limited room service menu!

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I did forget one other option..Vitality Cafe which will be located near the gym/spa area..they have fresh juices and smoothies which are included in the drink package  as long as you don't add the protein powder option to them.  They also have some light bite, fresh food items as well which will be complimentary.  The Cruise Compass will show ($) next to the Vitality Cafe, but that just indicates there is a charge for the juice/smoothies without a package.

Going back and throwing that in my original eateries response.

I would really like to emphasize this option with the fresh juices and smoothies. They taste phenomenal, are included in the refreshment and deluxe drink packages  and you don’t feel as guilty drinking them because you see what’s going into them and that it’s not just syrup and sugar. Also I don’t drink anymore but I had a passing thought that some would be great as mixers. Toss a shot of rum into that fresh strawberry smoothie and suddenly you have a much upgraded daiquiri. 

10 hours ago, JennyB said:
11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Vitality Cafe which will be located near the gym/spa area..they have fresh juices and smoothies which are included in the drink package  as long as you don't add the protein powder option to them.  They also have some light bite, fresh food items as well which will be complimentary.  The Cruise Compass will show ($) next to the Vitality Cafe, but that just indicates there is a charge for the juice/smoothies without a package.

somewhere,

sometime,

someone

needs to do a list like this for ALL the ships...this was the most helpful list for me the way it is worded and set up........and i am not even scheduled to be on the Oasis.  lol

I would love to see a list like the one above for the Brilliance of the Seas!

27 minutes ago, deany said:

Last question on this. If i dont book My time dining can i still eat in the Main dining room or will it be full up? Can you just turn up?

You can still show up, you just have to wait for an available table. There are two lines for My Time Dining: People with a reservation, and people without.