Pool Deck Footwear

I need suggestions for foot wear for the pool deck. I've  used "aqua socks" in the past, meh. I'm not a sandals or flip flop guy and I have wide feet. 

Anybody have the same issues? I've seen some water proof sneakers from various companies, but have no experience with them.

Thanks

I pack a pair of neoprene liners that I use with my snorkel fins.  I bring them even when I don't bring my fins.  

They are effectively waterproof "slippers".  Easy to pack, super light, non-slip bottom, can get wet and save me from walking around barefoot.

I wouldn't use them all day long, but when it's time to jump in the pool or hot tub they are great for getting there from my cabin.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UTQY1Q/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_o0.9CbRSTC09H

I use what I would call a hiking sandal.  The toe is covered which is nice around all of the deck chairs and they have a strap across the back so they can't slip off like flip flops.  All of the large sporting goods stores offer something similar.  The fun thing to do however is to buy them on clearance in the fall when everyone else is gearing up for winter but your counting down the days to a cruise.

I wear water shoes, which I also take to the beach.  They are light weight and have an elastic pull tab, so they are easy to take on and off.   As has been stated, the pool decks can be very hot.  My wife ordered my pair from Amazon.

25 minutes ago, JennyB said:

i have been looking at these...

https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Summer-Barefoot-Exercise-47/dp/B07N5XKJ26/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=water+socks&qid=1559760645&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-5

anyone have any experience with them?  Might be similar to what @twangster uses?

I wear them all the time. I started wearing them when I go to Dunn's River Falls. They are great.

• 4 weeks later...

Crocs all the way! Easy on and off and many styles now, not to pretty but so comfortable! Crocs gets my vote! Check Crocs.com and then google crocs savings code, you will usually find a discount and possibly free shipping that way. They usually have them at a Croc outlet store near you. Enjoy your cruise :)

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, FManke said:

Im really looking at suggestions for something to wear both on deck, but also to and from the cabin. I dont like to wear sneakers or regular shoes after swimming.

Unless I expect to go to a venue where shoes are required (i.e. food service), I go barefoot as much as possible all around the ship. Just leave the shoes in your stateroom when you head for the pool.

I am a sandal sort of person so I would suggest a good pair of sandal type water shoes... Lands end had some good ones for easy on and off and I think they carry wides.  I agree with someone who also suggested Crocs.  I can't wear them for a long time but they are way easy to get on and off, pretty cheap and easy to pack!  Jane