SEA CLASS, SKY CLASS, STAR CLASS

From what I understand, these classes are available to SUITE CABINS ONLY?  My question is this, I am booked in a Deluxe Balcony and NOT a Suite, but my SetSail Pass states SEA CLASS under my name.   Does that mean that we are going to receive the amenities of a SUITE CABIN or can it mean that we are earmarked for a possible SUITE UPGRADE?

What is your cabin code (D2, J2)?  I don't believe that RC labels any balconies as a deluxe balconies.  They are labeled as Ultra spacious with large balcony, ocean view with large balcony, but not deluxe balcony.  I'm wondering if you booked a Jr Suite which would be Sea Class as it really is just a larger balcony room with very few suite perks.    

You booked a guarantee deluxe balcony?

Things can still change between now and sail date, but I have read countless times people that booked guarantees ended up getting what was hinted at before their number was released.  

Sea Class would be a Jr. Suite and you WILL have access to all the amenities that comes with it if that ends up being the room you are assigned.

If you print that SetSail pass now you can use that to get access to the Suites check-in line at the port since it states Sea Class ?

Unfortunately, I suspect that it means that there was a computer glitch with your Set Sail pass.  If you are in a balcony class room then you will not be eligible for any of the suite amenities.

What room number does your Set Sail Pass show ?  Is it the same balcony room as you had booked ?  Had you bid on a RoyalUp offer ?

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

What is your cabin code (D2, J2)?  I don't believe that RC labels any balconies as a deluxe balconies.  They are labeled as Ultra spacious with large balcony, ocean view with large balcony, but not deluxe balcony.  I'm wondering if you booked a Jr Suite which would be Sea Class as it really is just a larger balcony room with very few suite perks.    

I am a Travel Agent and I know I booked 6D Balcony.  It was not a Suite.  I also just looked into the other two parties that I am traveling with and they in the same Cabin Category and are listed as Sea Class as well.  and YES the same Balcony room that I booked is that same at this time.   I am sure that if they plan to upgrade, they probably will not do it until at least a week prior to sailing.

Screenshot_20190605-090753_Royal-edit.jpg

57 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Unfortunately, I suspect that it means that there was a computer glitch with your Set Sail pass.  If you are in a balcony class room then you will not be eligible for any of the suite amenities.

What room number does your Set Sail Pass show ?  Is it the same balcony room as you had booked ?  Had you bid on a RoyalUp offer ?

It seems to be that the SetSail Pass in the ROYAL APP has the same information as in the online Cruise Planner except in the ROYAL APP it states SEA CLASS under my name.

Set Sail Pass shows all the same info as booked, same cabin and NO to the RoyalUp.

Could be a glitch, but could it be a glitch I could take advantage of?   I am a travel agent and I know in the booking they know because every time a call to speak with them as a passenger and not an agent, they ask me for my agency number.   So just maybe they have me earmarked for a possible upgrade?  or do they every give those amenities out to others even though they are not in a suite?

Screenshot_20190605-090753_Royal-edit.jpg

37 minutes ago, VinceC said:

It seems to be that the SetSail Pass in the ROYAL APP has the same information as in the online Cruise Planner except in the ROYAL APP it states SEA CLASS under my name.

Set Sail Pass shows all the same info as booked, same cabin and NO to the RoyalUp.

Could be a glitch, but could it be a glitch I could take advantage of?   I am a travel agent and I know in the booking they know because every time a call to speak with them as a passenger and not an agent, they ask me for my agency number.   So just maybe they have me earmarked for a possible upgrade?  or do they every give those amenities out to others even though they are not in a suite?

This same thing happened to us last month on the Harmony.  My husband and I booked long ago, but I added my kids about a month before sailing in a guarantee balcony.  I noticed that the app showed them as sea class, even though they were assigned to a regular balcony cabin.  The SetSail pass printed out correctly, without a Sea Class reference.  I figured it was an app glitch.

Just now, Dawn T. said:

This same thing happened to us last month on the Harmony.  My husband and I booked long ago, but I added my kids about a month before sailing in a guarantee balcony.  I noticed that the app showed them as sea class, even though they were assigned to a regular balcony cabin.  The SetSail pass printed out correctly, without a Sea Class reference.  I figured it was an app glitch.

Just another thing to add to the list of Royal IT fails. 

5 minutes ago, Dawn T. said:

I guess I will be using my Royal APP SetSail Pass more frequently.  LMAO...

2 hours ago, VinceC said:

I guess I will be using my Royal APP SetSail Pass more frequently.  LMAO...

They can’t seem to figure out how to make the two mesh. On our Navigator Cruise, the printable one showed correctly with The Key on it, but in the app it wouldn’t show up. 

Last year on our Allure cruise we were Star Class but our SSP showed “Sky” Class.  It was (I’m sure) b/c they had recently reclassified a number of the suites and I imagine ours just got caught up in the reclassification fallout.  We had no problem once we got to the SC check-in but it added unnecessary stress worrying that everything was *OK* until we got to the pier.