Make your Cuba Reservations Today - But Be Sure Ship is Fairly Full

The new rules take effect tomorrow.  

(b) General license for certain people-to-people travel and related transactions where certain transactions were completed prior to [INSERT DATE OF PUBLICATION IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER]. Persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction are authorized to engage in people-to-people travel and related transactions for a trip consistent with paragraph (b) of this section as those provisions existed on April 17, 2019, provided the traveler completed at least one travel related transaction (such as purchasing a flight or reserving accommodation) for that particular trip prior to [INSERT DATE OF PUBLICATION IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER].

I was hoping this to be the case, but I'm not sure it is. Cruises that were scheduled to depart to Cuba today and tomorrow have already been re-routed to Mexico at the last minute. 

I'm on a fairly full cruise booked to go to Havana and Cienfuegos in November, and I don't have super high hopes that will remain the case any longer. 

I think the grandfather clause was put in before they really thought about how long out you can book cruise ships.  I think that effective today nobody will be allowed to cruise there until the v political climate changes in Venezuela and Cuba.  Just my 2 cents worth.  I wish I'd booked a week later after the April announcement.  But I will wait till 6pm and find out where I'm heading next week!  We will still have a great trip, just not what we'd hoped  Jane